forum

Dragging properly (need tips)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Shimi]
Hello, I recently switched to dragging from hovering to see if it could help with my shaking and hitting the tablet. I have now played with it for 3 days (couple of hours daily), and for some reason I feel like I can't get used to it. It might be because I don't really know how to drag correctly, for example my grip may be wrong.

I tried dragging while pressing lightly and dragging while pressing a bit hard and both has their own problems. When I press hard I get very snappy movements, which means I can't correct(/adjust) a jump in time, making me over- or underaim often. Pressing lightly makes my movement very slippery meaning I will sliderbreak or shitmiss often as I lack control over the aim.

I know that the "play more" concept does apply here, but man is it demotivating to play when you play worse than when you were hovering. I would love to take any tips, as I am very desperate.

Ps. I could go back to hovering, but I think dragging will be better for me if I learn it properly. Also Dragging does feel better to hit stuff with (when I actually manage to do so).

EDIT: I am switching back to hovering for now. I would still like some tips
EDIT2: I forgot to mention that I am using a tablet (which should be obvious considering context). Also the area isn't too big (about 44x79 mm)
Zain Sugieres
Try dragging lightly on a mousepad, the feeling should be something between hard dragging and light dragging without it (unless you've got a very harsh mousepad)

Dragging also takes some time to get used to so don't quit after 4 hours
dung eater
As lightly as possible, the surface is a sort of guide for hovering on it. Using a plastic paper sleeve on a mousepad as a cover works well for me.
Topic Starter
[Shimi]

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Try dragging lightly on a mousepad, the feeling should be something between hard dragging and light dragging without it (unless you've got a very harsh mousepad)

Do you mean putting a mousepad on top of my tablet or simply using my actual mousepad as some sort of guideline as how dragging should feel?

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Dragging also takes some time to get used to so don't quit after 4 hours

True, but the slow progress I felt was unbearable because I was playing on a way lower level than normal, so it's impossible to force myself to play with it, without having a clear goal in mind. On that note, is it even worth switching from hovering if I'm somewhat comfortable with it despite the shaking?

jaaakb wrote:

As lightly as possible, the surface is a sort of guide for hovering on it.

That makes sense. It feels better when doing it as lightly as possible, the problem is when the gameplay is getting intense or I'm getting nervous I start pressing harder and harder, which of course fucks up the playstyle.

jaaakb wrote:

Using a plastic paper sleeve on a mousepad as a cover works well for me.

I'm not sure I understand :/
Zain Sugieres
Put ur mousepad on ur tablet and drag on the mousepad
Celine
Some mousepad including mine are too textured to drag with, though
dung eater
https://www.google.com/search?q=plastic+file+sheet+clear

That taped on a tablet with a mousepad in between. They last for a long time when you don't press hard.

I broke one pen when dragging with only a mousepad (large area and pressing too much). the nib can get stuck and break stuff from inside of the pen.