forum

Mapped as New Diff instead of as a New Map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kiitsvne
I made a dumb mistake and created a new difficulty instead of making a new map. I basically mapped about half the song in this new diff, when I could have just taken the mp3 and made a new map all together. I want to upload it to work on it later and share it with friends, but I cant because it says the map is not mine. I tried to delete the other maps in the set, and then I changed the BG and Metadata, but I'm still stuck with the "you can't upload someone else's work" message. Is there some way for me to export the map, or even just the hitcircles so I don't have to work on it from scratch?
this is the original set:https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/517687#taiko/1099907
Thank you for the help!
lewski
1. Make a new set with the mp3, input the title, artist, etc. and exit the editor
2. Open both .osu files (the one with your map and the one in the new set) in notepad
3. In the new .osu, delete [Difficulty] and everything below it and replace it with the same part of the other .osu
Topic Starter
Kiitsvne

lewski wrote:

1. Make a new set with the mp3, input the title, artist, etc. and exit the editor
2. Open both .osu files (the one with your map and the one in the new set) in notepad
3. In the new .osu, delete [Difficulty] and everything below it and replace it with the same part of the other .osu

Thanks so much!! You are a lifesaver!!