forum

[invalid] Introduce a countdown whenever unpausing in mania

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Toxi
basically when you unpause in mania the game starts back up almost immediately. Personally i find it frustrating because it takes more than one second for me to move my hand off my mouse and back to my keyboard. I think a three-ish second delay should be introduced to make this issue lets pronounced. With three seconds players will have plenty enough time to get their hands back into position, but it also isn't so long that it could become a hindrance.
Full Tablet
Being able to pause the game in order to rest in the middle of a stamina-draining map is already a controversial aspect of the game. Making pausing even easier wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion.

Also, you don't need to use the mouse to pause/unpause the game, you can do it with the keyboard alone.
Topic Starter
Toxi

Full Tablet wrote:

Being able to pause the game in order to rest in the middle of a stamina-draining map is already a controversial aspect of the game. Making pausing even easier wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion.

Also, you don't need to use the mouse to pause/unpause the game, you can do it with the keyboard alone.

i dont think you understood what i meant, and i probably should have explained it better. I mean the delay after you unpause is very short and should be extended slightly to allow proper adjustment of the hands. This would have no affect on stamina, it would just make it easier to place your hands after unpausing.
abraker

Toxi wrote:

it would just make it easier to place your hands after unpausing.
Any further mechanics that involves pausing should make it less comfortable when resuming. It should make the player more likely to miss notes. Pausing is really discouraged since it introduces undefined elements concerning skill used when playing a map.