forum

Subscribing to a forum topic [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
KRZY
I've searched for this and was mildly surprised to learn that no one has suggested this yet.

Basically, I would find it very convenient if there could be some sort of a notification system that beeps users each time a new post is submitted in a specific forum topic(thread). Right off the bat I see myself using this feature to keep track of modding queues by modders that I like or mapset threads that I've submitted a guest difficulty to, and I'm sure other users would have use for it in forum games, language specific forums, or simply threads that they love to be in.

Forum PM / in-game PM by banchobot if the user is online would be the most practical way as far as I know. Would this be possible?
Marcin

KRZY wrote:

I've searched for this and was mildly surprised to learn that no one has suggested this yet.

Basically, I would find it very convenient if there could be some sort of a notification system that beeps users each time a new post is submitted in a specific forum topic(thread). Right off the bat I see myself using this feature to keep track of modding queues by modders that I like or mapset threads that I've submitted a guest difficulty to, and I'm sure other users would have use for it in forum games, language specific forums, or simply threads that they love to be in.

Forum PM / in-game PM by banchobot if the user is online would be the most practical way as far as I know. Would this be possible?

ychao
I was under the impression that KRZY was looking for more than just email notifications, ideally forum/in-game PMs for each new post - though personally the emails served me well so far.
akrolsmir
Another reasonable substitute:
search.php?search_id=egosearch

A subscription system that outputs something like this would be nice; that is, basically that exact screen except with the ability to dismiss topics you're not interested in anymore, or add topics that you have yet to post to.
Sakura
Well as Marcin said, there's already a subscribe topic feature, and you can get new email desktop popups on some email sites (like gmail) and i think this also helps with pinging phones? so i don't see much of a need for this, also i remember something like this being requested before, but dont have time to look for it right now.
Marcin

Sakura wrote:

Well as Marcin said, there's already a subscribe topic feature, and you can get new email desktop popups on some email sites (like gmail) and i think this also helps with pinging phones? so i don't see much of a need for this, also i remember something like this being requested before, but dont have time to look for it right now.
Just adding - you can use any email client, and then you have near-instant notification about posts ( i check like every 5 mins)
Kurokami
Email is more than enough to me, so no.
Topic Starter
KRZY

Marcin wrote:

Nevermind this topic actually, I was unaware of this lol
Sakura
Guess i'll mark this as invalid then