forum

Something to display how many repeats are left in a slider [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EvaRia
I find that on a lot of repeat sliders it's often basically impossible to know how many repeats are on it sometimes.

I often expect just one repeat and when more show up I almost always screw up. It's not that bad when I play the map again, but it's really annoying when I'm sightreading the map for the first time.
I'm sure a lot of people share similar frustrations...

So I think it would be cool to have a little number or something floating next to the repeat arrow showing how many repeats there are left. This way you can know how many repeats to expect.
Luna
Listen to the music and just keep the button clicked until you see the slider finish. Play some more and you'll get a feeling for that kind of stuff, it's part of the skills required in this game.
Completely unintuitive repeat sliders shouldn't ever get ranked, so this isn't necessary at all.
Sure
Read approach circle of next note instead
YodaSnipe

ykcarrot wrote:

Read approach circle of next note instead
^This
Derekku
This would be really ineffective, as many repeating sliders are very short and fast-paced. The "countdown" you're suggesting would be just as hard to read as the sliders themselves, and thus pointless. Sure, some are very hard to read, but unfortunately that's part of the game (luckily usually just for Insane difficulties).
boat
Look at the next hits approach circle and estimate when you got to move the cursor? Unless its a shoddy map, the sliders should at least end at a point that sounds about right.
Papi Bear
Make it a mod? Like, it will decrease the multiplayer to 0.9x
Topic Starter
EvaRia
After playing around a bit I realized this was a problem I had more often a little earlier on, I don't get it as much anymore.

It was most common with not-as-good maps.

I guess since at least 90% of 1/2 length sliders use one repeat only, occasionally when I play a map that has one that suddenly repeats twice it feels a bit jarring since I don't expect it.

I guess it really only happens that small percentage of the time, so case closed I guess.