forum

Pratice Mode. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xavi1990
Hi. I Would like to suggest a practice mode. It would be a solo mode in which you could pick a beatmap and only play through a part of it. Example from in a song: 1:00-1:10.
There are alot of songs in which people can get to a certain point and always lose at the same specific notes, probably a stream or some really hard jumps. it would be a great opportunity to able to pick a specific portion of a beatmap and replay it various times until you can do it. It would be just a replay of a portion of the song which would be unranked so you cannot fail in it. It just makes it easier to get better by practicing what you really need. Not much more to add tell me what you think :D. ty for reading
edit:it could be a ripoff of the edit mode. just the ingame test part. it says how many 300's, 100's 50's and misses you get. maximum score in the song and you can play any timing in the song you want. he would jsut have to add a way to limit the song to specific parts instead of starting from one point.
Tshemmp
Go into Edit mode.
Go to the specific point.
Hit F5.
Win.

Anyway peppy doesn't want to add a "real" practice mode (he stated this many times before afaik).
Topic Starter
xavi1990

Tshemmp wrote:

Go into Edit mode.
Go to the specific point.
Hit F5.
Win.

Anyway peppy doesn't want to add a "real" practice mode (he stated this many times before afaik).
ty i needed to know this :D
Topic Starter
xavi1990
thinking about i still think a practice mode would be more valuable. it would make people play better.
Topic Starter
xavi1990
But gave me an idea. it could be a ripoff of the edit mode. just the ingame test part. it says how many 300's, 100's 50's and misses you get. maximum score in the song and you can play any timing in the song you want. he would jsut have to add a way to limit the song to specific parts instead of starting from one point.
Shohei Ohtani
Tshemmp

xavi1990 wrote:

thinking about i still think a practice mode would be more valuable. it would make people play better.

Tshemmp wrote:

And t/49054/. Use the fucking search function.
Stefan

James2250 wrote:

No, if you want to do that just put spun out on and practice (or if you really want to you can go on editor and cut the part of the song you want to practice out and use mods on that
^this or you play offline.
Tshemmp

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

James2250 wrote:

No, if you want to do that just put spun out on and practice (or if you really want to you can go on editor and cut the part of the song you want to practice out and use mods on that
^this or you play offline.
Actually Spun Out is ranked now, so you cannot do this anymore.
Azure_Kite
Who cares if It's ranked or not. Any solo play can be considered practice. If you need a "practice" mode where your plays don't count, play without an internet connection or log out. Alternatively, as has been said, there's edit mode and f5.
theowest
But y'know what would be awesome? Being able to cut out any part of beatmaps and paste them together with timing and all into one practice mode beatmap. You could easily create your own little compilation. This would not be like the normal editor, you will not be able to upload anything.

This would most definitely be the best way to practice your skills.

Practice modes exists in pretty much any other modern and well-made PC game.