forum

Kokoro Connect

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oreiora
Just out of interest, how many of you are/have been looking forward to this anime which will officially air in two-weeks time? For anyone who doesn't know, Silver Link is involved in this, the character designs were done by the same person who did the K-On! character designs and also the voice actor of Yui from K-On! has the roll of the main protagonist. Earlier today a pre-air half-segment was aired, for those of you who watched it, how did you find it? Personally I was a little disappointed in the art, I was expecting a lot better; but that may be due to my unrealistic expectations as it was the second-most-looked-forward-to anime for me in the upcoming season. (the first being Sword Art Online)

Seeing as this thread doesn't offer much discussion, I thought it could double up as a future discussion thread about the anime series. Anyways, how did you guys find the pre-air segment?
Accelerator-kun
I'm not interested on this.
Anyway, imo, the character design is bad.
Giganscudo
Never heard of it.

But then I then after searching it up I found it seemingly interested.

So after watching pre-air half segment. I found the art pretty disappointing and... bland. Though the end was pretty interesting. Guess I'll put it in the watch list for the heck of it.
Topic Starter
Oreiora
Yeah, this is what I was thinking, if you have a look at all the scans, I would've expected the animation company to have produced a much higher quality anime, something similar to say Hyouka or Fate/Zero. But maybe it'll get better, the mole on nagase's chin is really annoying me though :3
Accelerator-kun

Oreiora wrote:

Yeah, this is what I was thinking, if you have a look at all the scans, I would've expected the animation company to have produced a much higher quality anime, something similar to say Hyouka or Fate/Zero. But maybe it'll get better, the mole on nagase's chin is really annoying me though :3
+1

Anyway, the real annoying thing are male characters... if they are all like the one in the pic.
Topic Starter
Oreiora
Yeah, that's true, one reason I was looking forward to this anime so much is because I thought it would be similar to K-On! except with guys. Now I'm not that sure, they might as well be girls with a tough build, not sure if romance will develop or not though. The title could also have various meanings too, at first I thought it was going to represent romance or strong mutual feelings on some aspect; but now it could just be about people swapping bodies. Also, it seems like they've decided to incorporate some ecchi into this anime, I can't say that's unexpected because I decided to stall the light novel series, either way, I really hope the series improves as it goes on; it is an interesting series with a lot of potential. For now, I'll just enjoy Accel World, Hyouka and Acchi Kocchi whilst I wait for the Summer animes to start airing :3
The Ribbon Red
Heard this over the net recently.

Not really interested.
Accelerator-kun
Yeah, time to finish all unfinished anime I've started. This summer, I will surely watch Yuru Yuri 2 and La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia (grammar nazi mode ON: the title is grammatically horrible, they have to write "La storia dell'arcana famiglia"... ahh, we know italian sucks in japan). Sword Art Online is interesting too.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Yeah, time to finish all unfinished anime I've started. This summer, I will surely watch Yuru Yuri 2 and La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia (grammar nazi mode ON: the title is grammatically horrible, they have to write "La storia dell'arcana famiglia"... ahh, we know italian sucks in japan). Sword Art Online is interesting too.
Added to my list.

Though Sword Art Online seemed like .hack series to me. Anyone dares to change my view?
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Added to my list.

Though Sword Art Online seemed like .hack series to me. Anyone dares to change my view?
Don't know too much about SAO, as I said I prefer La Storia Dell'Arcana Famiglia.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Don't know too much about SAO, as I said I prefer La Storia Dell'Arcana Famiglia.
Seems you're really bothered by their spelling. I understand why (perhaps?), but they're Japanese. They're not some multilingual country, you know.

Hell, most of them still speak "Thank you" through katakana.
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Seems you're really bothered by their spelling. I understand why (perhaps?), but they're Japanese. They're not some multilingual country, you know.

Hell, most of them still speak "Thank you" through katakana.
I know (To Aru Majutsu No Index 2, the arc in Venezia), but it's horrible XD
Topic Starter
Oreiora
Yuru Yuri and similar genres are not really substituents of mainstreams in my opinion, they don't really have a plot yet they're so enjoyable on so many levels. Anyways, I doubt Sword Art Online would be too similar to Accel World even though they follow the same concepts of virtual/gaming and such. Also, unlike Kokoro Connect, I have confidence that the art will be GREAT, its one of the selling points of the light novel series. I really like the character designs, especially Asuna's, in SWO. The unfortunate thing is that I don't see SAO becoming the next Bleach or something as such. Usually anime adaptions of light novels only last a double season at max.

EDIT: Also, I think UTW are colllaborating with some other subbing group for SAO. I'll probably download off them :3
Accelerator-kun

Oreiora wrote:

Yuru Yuri and similar genres are not really substituents of mainstreams in my opinion, they don't really have a plot yet they're so enjoyable on so many levels. Anyways, I doubt Sword Art Online would be too similar to Accel World even though they follow the same concepts of virtual/gaming and such. Also, unlike Kokoro Connect, I have confidence that the art will be GREAT, its one of the selling points of the light novel series. I really like the character designs, especially Asuna's, in SWO. The unfortunate thing is that I don't see SAO becoming the next Bleach or something as such. Usually anime adaptions of light novels only last a double season at max.
Well, To Aru Majutsu No Index has 2 seasons and now is in the middle of the FIRST story. The novel has started the second story called "New Testament" (it's like Dragon Ball Z to let you know what I mean for story).
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Well, To Aru Majutsu No Index has 2 seasons and now is in the middle of the FIRST story. The novel has started the second story called "New Testament" (it's like Dragon Ball Z to let you know what I mean for story).
Stories last forever; depending on the creator.

But in animation industry, people should know when to stop it and start a brand new one (most mainstreams don't do this, FYI).
Topic Starter
Oreiora
Lol, I don't even know which company produces One Piece, but they better start preparing their future generations and proteges, it doesn't seem like Eichiro Oda ever wants to stop. I'm guessing that to Aru kept going because it there were high sales but I prefer kagaku railgun way more the majutsu no index.
The Ribbon Red

Oreiora wrote:

Lol, I don't even know which company produces One Piece, but they better start preparing their future generations and proteges, it doesn't seem like Eichiro Oda ever wants to stop. I'm guessing that to Aru kept going because it there were high sales but I prefer kagaku railgun way more the majutsu no index.
Me no like One Piece. Mainstream shit.

As for To Aru... Yeah, I'm guessing that as well.
Topic Starter
Oreiora
Lol, I'm against One Piece as well, actually I hate all mainstream animes (especially Naruto), although I still follow the manga.
The Ribbon Red

Oreiora wrote:

Lol, I'm against One Piece as well, actually I hate all mainstream animes (especially Naruto), although I still follow the manga.
I'm not following both. They never end. Most of them are.
Accelerator-kun
One Piece is shit. To Aru is not mainstream ._.
It's just that Railgun has a lot of female faggots because of his feminine style. The funny thing is that Railgun is not the shit that is in the anime (yeah, the Railgun anime is shit... nothing more) because the anime is 50% filler (that IDIOT poltergeist arc with Telestina is incredibly horrible)... the real plot talks about Accelerator, the Sisters, the factions in Gakuen Toshi! No matter what you will say, for one who has read the novel (or the manga... Railgun in the novel has just 2 extea volumes... just saying how much it count for the story...) the main story is the one in To Aru Majutsu No Index.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

One Piece is shit. To Aru is not mainstream ._.
It's just that Railgun has a lot of female faggots because of his feminine style. The funny thing is that Railgun is not the shit that is in the anime (yeah, the Railgun anime is shit... nothing more) because the anime is 50% filler (that IDIOT poltergeist arc with Telestina is incredibly horrible)... the real plot talks about Accelerator, the Sisters, the factions in Gakuen Toshi! No matter what you will say, for one who has read the novel (or the manga... Railgun in the novel has just 2 extea volumes... just saying how much it count for the story...) the main story is the one in To Aru Majutsu No Index.
Well, some of anime these days are crappier versions of their original form (VN, manga or LN. Whatever it is...).

So I suppose this is common.
Tsukimi Luna
Meh
Simillar art style with k-on
Might check i out

Lolol and i thought that railgun was better than index.
I actually got bored of Touma beating the shit out of people.
I mean accelerator defeated by a few punches? Are you serious??
Its like Touma activated god mode or smth...
The feeling when a fight takes place isnt there anymore bcuz the outcome is always touma beating the shit out of his enemy
No, i really hate dont like Touma and Index
To me both of them are annoying farts

And also index isnt really needed in the show tbh lololol
I rarely even see her especially the 2nd half of the anime
show more