forum

General questions about patching the game. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jourei
It looks like the game gets patched frequently, but still I couldn't help but going bald from all of the remaining bugs & glitches.
My question is, why aren't these fixed? At least I can't see really any fixes in some of the release notes.
Or, is the game simply too complex to have them fixed easily?

I'm not an developer or programmer, but in my opinion broken buttons, such as 'Ready?' or the 'Click to download this map', would be easy to fix?

I'm interested to hear a developer's point of view in this matter.
Zelmarked
There are 2 devs whom browse this forum regularly and fix problems in various times. Example front page:http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/88373

Post your bug and how to replicate it with screenshots, video preferred, and it will be fixed usually within the next build or sooner.
dkun
Bugs and glitches like what? This is a place to report such things.
awp

Jourei wrote:

I'm not an developer or programmer, but in my opinion broken buttons, such as 'Ready?' or the 'Click to download this map', would be easy to fix?

I'm interested to hear a developer's point of view in this matter.
to offer some perspective, when a bug is encountered in a PC game, there's just shy of a fuckbillion reasons why it might happen. This is why:

-providing as much information as possible is necessary
-stating whether or not it can be reliably reproduced is necessary
-stating HOW it can be reliably reproduced is necessary
-determining whether it's being caused by the operating environment or not (ie hardware-related, software-related, os-related issues) is necessary

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but the less information provided, the less likely it is that an issue will be addressed

software is pretty complicated, yo
peppy
What bugs..? I check this forum and read every thread every day. If there is a bug you are experiencing, it has not yet been posted.
Topic Starter
Jourei
I was just wondering as I'm quite sure me and my friends surely aren't the only ones with these issues, so yet another bug report would be vain.

I'm even more confident that reproducing the bugs would be kinda difficult as they're not really that frequent, but they're there.

I guess I could list the issues we've had, but giving good visual source that actually helps has quite a slim chance.
peppy
report them, yes.
marking invalid