forum

Tablet area problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nerime_old
I have Medion P82012 tablet and I wanted to give a try and play osu using it but I have problem with changing area :(
I've already read all of the forum's topics and I don't really know if I can change it or what software/driver I should download to be able to do this Oo

koromo
Uhm, did you try with this one option here already?

EDIT: Well I just googled your tablet model, since I was wondering why not simply use full area. It seems you have a rather large tablet, however, I couldn't find anything about changing the area of the tablet itself, so I'm not sure if it's even possible.
boat
Does not seem like you can change the active tablet area, simply just specify the whole tablet for a section of the screen, as ^ shows.
Full Tablet

nerime wrote:

I have Medion P82012 tablet and I wanted to give a try and play osu using it but I have problem with changing area :(
I've already read all of the forum's topics and I don't really know if I can change it or what software/driver I should download to be able to do this Oo

You can't change the Tablet Area in the GUI.

You can change it with any software that let's you change values in the memory for the process called atwtusb.exe (the one that uses the most amount of RAM if you have 2 running) (for example Cheat Engine). The values are you have to change (all of them 4 bytes values) are:

Horizontal Limit atwtusb.exe+9BE08
Vertical Limit atwtusb.exe+9BE0C
X (0-65535) atwtusb.exe+96C70
Y (0-65535) atwtusb.exe+96C74

I don't remember exactly how you have to change these values (I don't use a Tablet that uses that driver anymore), so you will have to experiment with different values to make it work. Also, when setting the values the whole area will be still sensitive, but hovering the pen over an unused area will set the cursor outside the screen (so it's like a reduced Tablet area in practice).
Topic Starter
nerime_old

Full Tablet wrote:

nerime wrote:

You can't change the Tablet Area in the GUI.

You can change it with any software that let's you change values in the memory for the process called atwtusb.exe (the one that uses the most amount of RAM if you have 2 running) (for example Cheat Engine). The values are you have to change (all of them 4 bytes values) are:

Horizontal Limit atwtusb.exe+9BE08
Vertical Limit atwtusb.exe+9BE0C
X (0-65535) atwtusb.exe+96C70
Y (0-65535) atwtusb.exe+96C74

I don't remember exactly how you have to change these values (I don't use a Tablet that uses that driver anymore), so you will have to experiment with different values to make it work. Also, when setting the values the whole area will be still sensitive, but hovering the pen over an unused area will set the cursor outside the screen (so it's like a reduced Tablet area in practice).

Sounds really complicated and indeed it is, I wasn't able do do it T_T
Well, I think mouse will be enough for me then XD Thank you for trying to help :)