forum

Osu ingame emoticons [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
amanojakugman
I want to ask peppy if can he add emoticons in ingame chat ?
it will be verry helpfull i think . The emoticons can be like the forums but not in .gif but in .png
I could help with this .. just weiting peppy to tell me what kind of emoticons and I will start working from now on :D or just to use the old style emoticons
any cuestion ? post it !
ychao
If anything, this belongs in Feature Requests.
Papi Bear

ychao24 wrote:

...this belongs in Feature Requests.
Tshemmp
As long as you spell osu! with a capital "O" peppy won't even look at your request.
peppy
I don't think emotes are required, personally. Let's see what people say, though. (moved)
YodaSnipe
not necessary but mega cool if it did get implemented :)
Azure_Kite
I don't agree they're required. Image based emotes would just look messy (Imagine a resized, transparent version of the topic starter's avatar in every second line.)

Text based emotes are cooler, anyways.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
Papi Bear
The smiley should blend in the game's surroundings.. If there's an on/off switch, I'll support.
boat
No. Never. Eugh.
Low

boat wrote:

No. Never. Eugh.
bomber34
I always deactivate emoticons in chats. I only like them in forums.
SuperMIC

Jacob wrote:

boat wrote:

No. Never. Eugh.
Mainly for the fact that there's probably going to be a crapload of smiley spam which might make lag, etc.

Also I don't want to have some random emote come up when I'm trying to make a different one like >:( . Think of facebook! D:
Topic Starter
amanojakugman

Azure_Kite wrote:

I don't agree they're required. Image based emotes would just look messy (Imagine a resized, transparent version of the topic starter's avatar in every second line.)

Text based emotes are cooler, anyways.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think the same thing as you but I have a problem .... My keyboard won´t allow me to write strange characters and I cant install new tipe of keyboard tohave more of those signs so this is more for the persons who have the same problem like me :|
Frizz
Image based emoticon is gay
Sakura

amanojakugman wrote:

I think the same thing as you but I have a problem .... My keyboard won´t allow me to write strange characters and I cant install new tipe of keyboard tohave more of those signs so this is more for the persons who have the same problem like me :|
Ctrl+C
Ctrl+V

That's how i think most people do it i guess.
Lunah
Please no, please.
Tsukasa
Now if EVER this gets supported... (not that i am supporting it) there's that "how to fit onto chat" problem. either it would take up too much space, or probably be so tiny it won't be even noticed
theowest
jesus christ, no. I don't want osu! in-game to be cluttered with useless spammers with disgusting emoticons and shit nobody wants to see. Text only please.
Archangel Tirael
Such a thing could make osu!
beautiful. I think we need to
do both at the forum:
automatic replacement of
smiles on the faces. Soon
sketch. ;)
Archangel Tirael

theowest wrote:

jesus christ, no. I don't want osu! in-game to be cluttered with useless spammers with disgusting emoticons and shit nobody wants to see. Text only please.
Banchobot will punish all. :)
deadbeat
I disagree. text based smiles are cooler than the forums ones. i think its best to get the emoticons as a forum thing, not an ingame thing
Archangel Tirael
I think so, that the people here expressed their personal attitude to the smiley, but do not express the objective thought, why it should or should not be added.
deadbeat

Archangel Tirael wrote:

I think so, that the people here expressed their personal attitude to the smiley, but do not express the objective thought, why it should or should not be added.
If you read some of the posts on this topic, people have given some reasons as to why not. and some of them are fairy good reasons against this
Archangel Tirael

deadbeat wrote:

If you read some of the posts on this topic, people have given some reasons as to why not. and some of them are fairy good reasons against this
I'm in time to come from somewhere a bad habit of drawing conclusions without going into detail, thinking that all write the same thing
Mercurial
Not necessary at all.
blissfulyoshi
Since it is an always overwhelming amount of people saying no, I am going to mark this as denied. If anyone brings up a good reason to keep the debate going, we can the thread then.
-Celebi-
NO. DEAR GOD PLEASE NO.
(Freaking Nutella, Nutella's doing the non text emoticons)
DeletedUser_4041880
Why necro this when it was already declined