forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bara-
Giratina is available in shuffle
His catch rate is the same as the level of difficulty (lvl 1 means 1%, lvl 70 means 70%)
Also, 10 new stages, 3 new EX stages, Daily Pokemon #2 returned, venusaurite competition over, I got it (20k score, rank 4k)
NaomiMinette
I almost caught it at Level 5 but managed to do so at Level 10. I also managed to reach (I think) Level 43 in the first day since I ignored the new Main/Extra Stages.

Ayway, an extended trailer for Super Mystery Dungeon has been released. Here's the video:

Questions make a return to determine not only which Pokémon you play as but also your partner this time (according to Serebii).

Being honest: I hated the questions. The fact that they're forced for both you AND your partner now... ugh... (You were somewhat able to pick your partner in Red/Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky after the questions.)
NotEvenDoomMusic
Caught Giratina at lvl 21 - bad luck at it's finest. (at least i caught Victini first try when it first appeared so i got that going for me)
Haven't checked out the EX or the new stages either - i genuinely enjoy playing the Giratina stages because it makes using Mega Banette feels soo satisfying.

I haven't touched any PMD games after the completion of the first one and i've enjoyed it quite a lot.
Definitely looking forward to the next installment. Especially because i've heard that Gates of Infinity was a huge letdown.

Also it's funny how everyone has mixed feelings about them bringing back the aptitude test.
It's a fun gimmick and can be ignored if you look it up at serebii when they compile every possible answer to get the pokemons you want to play with.

Hell, even i would do it, but i'd personally answer the questions honestly first to see what i'll get and maybe reset the game to get a more "playable" team.
NaomiMinette
The fact that it also determines your PARTNER this time is what's bothering me the most. What if my Pokémon was ideal but my partner wasn't, or vice versa?

I'm probably gonna be stuck on the questions for like an hour because of that ._. But hey, definitely gonna try to answer them honestly at first.

EDIT: Mega Evolutions are confirmed to be in Super Mystery Dungeon.

EDIT 2: English trailer:

Bara-

Huge Update for Pokémon Shuffle

Around 30-40 pokemon have been added
Available of them, just a few
10 new levels, with a new mega: Hippowdon, Weavile, Avalugg, Braviary, Excadrill, Volcarona, Aegislash, Zebstrika, Salamence, M-Heracross
Jirachi (Once a day, like Pinsir, quite high catch rate though)
Tepig (before his evolution, wut?)
Daily Pokémon: Wynaut Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Luvdisc
Unavailable: All Unova Starters+Evolutions (except Tepig), Wobbuffet, Arceus
NaomiMinette
Avalugg is Mega Glalie all over again :(
Bara-

Blazevoir wrote:

Avalugg is Mega Glalie all over again :(
He was easy
All of them were easy, except Volcarona
Well, I picked an useless mega, Aerodactyl, couldn't beat it
Used Gengar as mega, S-ranked w/o troubles
NaomiMinette
Easy? I had to buy items just to be able to beat it T_T
Bara-
LOL
I beat it with 7-8 moves left
Using M-Lucario (9), Heatran (8), Ninetails (7), Moltres (7)
NaomiMinette
I made a Coins guide for Shuffle on Miiverse. You can read it here.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon the movie XY

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the first imagery from the movie trailer for the third Pokémon XY movie which is due for release next year. This imagery comes from a trailer that airs after the newest movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages which is set to open in Japan on Saturday and showcases a silhouette of a mysterious Pokémon. Details of this movie remain unclear, but we'll bring more as and when it comes.

Lanturn
Wouldn't surprise me if its some kind of Zygarde forme/mega. That's cool though. That means we're definitely getting a third XY game with possible new megas or formes <3
Bara-
Probably Zygarde's Mega
He actually has unreleased signature moves
Thousand Waves ||| Thousand Arrows
Renevant
This is slightly unrelated, but for those that haven't heard, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata passed away yesterday.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf
NaomiMinette
A lot of people on Miiverse in a lot of the communities posted about that, so there was abooooooooooooooooolutely no way I missed that (I even contributed by making my own post). Heck, I even added the news about it to my forum sig, so... yeah...

Lanturn
This is really sad. He's done so much for Nintendo.

RIP Satoru Iwata :(
NaomiMinette
deadbeat
so i'm late hearing about this, but apparently there'll a pokemon Yellow 3D due for next year
NaomiMinette
Wasn't that announcement fake? I'm not really seeing any official sources anywhere...
deadbeat
i'm not sure either. this is something i heard from word of mouth. kinda hoping for it though
NaomiMinette
But we already had Kanto remakes via FR/LG and HG/SS... I mean I'm sure having that as a 20th anniversary thing would be awesome, but they'd have to add A LOT of new content for me to be convinced otherwise.

EDIT: Updated info concerning the possible new Pokémon (or whatever it is)

Serebii wrote:

Following the surprise appearance of what may be a new Pokémon and/or form, more people have been able to see the movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages and due to this, thanks to another friend of mine, we have a far more accurate sketch of it now which differs slightly from the original ones we had yesterday. It includes elements that were lost previously on it including a red stomach. Of course, there is still likely to be some discrepencies between the sketch and the actual design but this is a close approximation. Also, the massive Pokémon shown in CoroCoro that's also in the trailer has pulsating hexagons in the trailer around its body. It's not currently known when these Pokémon/forms will be completely revealed with official art and screenshots, but when it is, we'll post it here as soon as it comes.

EDIT 2: It seems Pokkén Tournament will be coming to the West after all... at least, in the U.S. (so far).

EDIT 4: Rumble World FINALLY gets its first update

Serebii wrote:

For those of you with Pokémon Rumble World, a new patch has arrived to download which brings the game up to Version 1.1. This patch requires 846 blocks to download. It brings a new level called Lucky Balloon which takes you to where uncaught Pokémon are more likely to appear. You need at least Rank 33 to get it and it takes 20 hours to recharge.

Edit @ 02:26: A special password has been released to receive 100 PokéDiamonds for Japan: 32831175. Also, the PokéDiamond Digger in the town now gives 40 PokéDiamonds a day rather than the 20 previously obtained.
brunn08
CoroCoro states that information on the green blob will be revealed in the next issue, due for release on September 15th. (via serebii)

CoroCoro Leak

Pokémon - CoroCoro reveals

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the first images of the new green Pokémon as well as confirming that Zygarde is to be in the upcoming Mega Evolution Act 4 Special. No further details were given on the green Pokémon, whether it's a form or something new but the new imagery shows it in new light. CoroCoro states that information on the green blob, the large shadow and the relation to the TV anime will be revealed in the next issue, due for release on September 15th

Do you guys think that pokemon is another form of zygarde or a new pokémon?
NaomiMinette
The blob is most likely a new Pokémon, and that large shadow isn't really new. Many have thought of it to be another Zygarde form/Forme since the current one has kinda low Base Stats for a Legendary, especially when you compare it to Xerneas and Yveltal (680 vs 600).

In other news, more info about Super Mystery Dungeon:

Serebii wrote:

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some further details about Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. These images showcase the Mega Evolution feature in the game as well as details on various smaller characters.

Edit @ 06:15: Mega Evolutions are capable of breaking through the Dungeon walls. There are new items called Lapis and Ringle. The Ringle is a hold item which has Lapis put into it. Lapis can only be found in dungeons and disappear when you leave the dungeon. An example is the Power Up Lapis which increases your Pokémon's strength and Protect Up reduces damage received and Barrage Protect protects you from multiple hits in a turn.

Images
(Right-click > View Image)

EDIT 3: Pokémon GO was announced to be a free game for Android and iOS devices in 2016. Battle, capture, and trade Pokémon in real life!

If you don't wanna watch the press conference in the above link

Serebii wrote:

The official site has posted about a press conference being held today about a future business strategy. This was livestreamed on the video platform NicoNico in Japan. On the NicoNico page, it stated that new partner companies will be introduced.

Edit @ 07:04: The new project is in conjunction with Nintendo. It utilizes smartphones and seems to feature capturing and battling of Pokémon.

Edit @ 07:07: Project is called Pokémon Go. Will be released on iOS and Android in 2016 in collaboration with Niantic, a startup from Google that became independent.

Edit @ 07:18: Go around and use the Augmented Reality to find various Pokémon in various areas. Meet up for various small fests for battling and so forth.

Edit @ 07:20: Junichi Masuda is assisting in creating locations, music and so forth.

Edit @ 07:21: Pokémon Go will link to the main games in some way.

Edit @ 07:24: Pokémon Go comes with a device you can attach to your wrist. It's called Pokémon Go Plus which connects via bluetooth and notifies the player of any nearby Pokémon. Pokémon Go is free to play but has in-app purchases.

Crimmi
I am still waiting for them to announce Pokemon Z, it's going to happen, I could feel it. And about Pokemon Go, it looks amazing.
Athrun
I can see in the future of Pokémon Go. There will be people running around in Grunt Suits and a gym leader system happening around the world. Then we have the best Pokémon Go player becoming the Elite 4.
Jinxy
Zygarde new forme confirmed... Or formes.

SPOILER

blob is Zygarde Core, dog is Zygarde 10%, the one we know is Zygarde 50%, and the huge thing is Perfect Zygarde.

1. wtf is with perfect Zygarde's design that's a mecha digimon
2. the formes sound like they came from DBZ

oh and Mega Gen6 starters? see greninja
Athrun

Jinxy wrote:

SPOILER

blob is Zygarde Core, dog is Zygarde 10%, the one we know is Zygarde 50%, and the huge thing is Perfect Zygarde.

Hory shit, I saw this on serebii. Get hyped for next 3DS pokemon game.
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

SPOILER
Mega Gen6 starters? see greninja
SPOILER
That's "Ash Greninja".
31Gabe

Athrun wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

SPOILER

Hory shit, I saw this on serebii. Get hyped for next 3DS pokemon game.
I don't think Nintendo should make anymore games for their own platforms. They would stop making platforms, and produce games for other platforms as a 3rd-party company.

I heard recently that Pokémon hits iOS and Android for the first time. It's an app called Pokémon GO!. It's basically some smartphone game where it takes advantage of Google Map's real-world location tracking system. The Pokémon do not appear in your phone's camera unless Pokémon GO! is installed. Pokémon GO! actually detects actual wild Pokémon you see around the city, country, or world. There is a special Pokémon GO! toy that is needed to capture Pokémon; unlike actual Pokéballs in the RPGs, the Pokémon GO! toy has infinite uses, so even if you mess up, you can always try to capture the Pokémon again unless you and your phone leave the current wild Pokémon area.
NaomiMinette

31Gabe wrote:

I heard recently that Pokémon hits iOS and Android for the first time. It's an app called Pokémon GO!. It's basically some smartphone game where it takes advantage of Google Map's real-world location tracking system. The Pokémon do not appear in your phone's camera unless Pokémon GO! is installed. Pokémon GO! actually detects actual wild Pokémon you see around the city, country, or world. There is a special Pokémon GO! toy that is needed to capture Pokémon; unlike actual Pokéballs in the RPGs, the Pokémon GO! toy has infinite uses, so even if you mess up, you can always try to capture the Pokémon again unless you and your phone leave the current wild Pokémon area.
p/4496267 (@ last EDIT)

Also, the "toy" isn't needed; it's just a literal plus to make the experience better instead of having to look at your phone's screen the whole time.

EDIT: Official details of the recent Zygarde and Ash Greninja stuff:

Serebii wrote:

Most of the forms keep their name, but Zygarde Perfect Forme is to be called Zygarde Complete Forme in the west. It also describes Ash-Greninja as the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.

Zygarde Cell: This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!

Zygarde Core: At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pokémon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.

Zygarde 10% Forme: Zygarde 10% is the Forme that the Zygarde Core takes when it gathers 10% of the Cells nearby. Capable of traveling over 60 mph (100 km/h), it defeats enemies with its sharp fangs and its incredible speed.

Zygarde Complete Forme: This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal!

Edit @ 03:09: The first trailer for the anime has been released.

Trash Boat
kinda old but, Shiftry has been banned from Expanded Format due to certain 1-turn strategy.(TCG)
NaomiMinette
No idea if anyone will care, but Pokémon Picross will be released on December 3, 2015. If you didn't watch the recent Nintendo Direct, it's another free-to-play Pokémon puzzle game mashed up with... well... Picross.
DestinySonata

Blazevoir wrote:

No idea if anyone will care, but Pokémon Picross will be released on December 3, 2015. If you didn't watch the recent Nintendo Direct, it's another free-to-play Pokémon puzzle game mashed up with... well... Picross.
Free? Pokemon? I'm in.
Stefan

Trash Boat wrote:

kinda old but, Shiftry has been banned from Expanded Format due to certain 1-turn strategy.(TCG)
Couldn't find anything about that, what's about it?
NaomiMinette
Gameplay footage of Pokémon Picross has been posted.

The following contains spoilers even despite showing the beginning of the game. Do NOT watch if you want to stay surprised!

EDIT: The game is now out for all regions.
DestinySonata
Now all I have to do is download it with my super slow Internet.
NaomiMinette
Pokémon Picross passwords have been discovered. Here are all of them:

SPOILER
North America:
  1. 75603372
  2. 34111425
  3. 72005601
  4. 96734255
Europe (for some reason there are five sets, so they're most likely language-based):
  1. 18587211, 89907383, 74326715, 77742314
  2. 21602893, 24235988, 77858192, 20886261
  3. 97053818, 19871870, 90176937, 31986915
  4. 71402434, 52856270, 24177718, 38651076
  5. 50559005, 56005335, 91393494, 16456607
DestinySonata

Blazevoir wrote:

Pokémon Picross passwords have been discovered. Here are all of them:

SPOILER
North America:
  1. 75603372
  2. 34111425
  3. 72005601
  4. 96734255
Europe (for some reason there are five sets, so they're most likely language-based):
  1. 18587211, 89907383, 74326715, 77742314
  2. 21602893, 24235988, 77858192, 20886261
  3. 97053818, 19871870, 90176937, 31986915
  4. 71402434, 52856270, 24177718, 38651076
  5. 50559005, 56005335, 91393494, 16456607
Are these codes hidden Pokemon across the areas?
NaomiMinette
There are four locked stages across different areas. Good luck beating them very early on in the game, though...
DestinySonata
Managed to get through the Ash Greninja one, but I'm already low on Picrite...
NaomiMinette
I've been low ever since Day 2 because I was too stupid to unlock 3 team slots on Day 1...
show more