forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
deadbeat
i'll just leave this here

serebii.net wrote:

The first trailer has been released for the upcoming anime special, Strongest Mega Evolution Act 1, due to air in Japan on April 3rd 2014. This special focuses on a trainer whose goal is to defeat every Mega Evolution. What do you think of it? http://youtu.be/qnzdXEkKEtI http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
DestinySonata
wow that's some bump deadbeat
it looks like some kind of pokemon all-star kind of thingy, but it looks pretty good. i wonder if this will lead to the release of more mega evolutions...
and funny they only mentioned siebold of the elite-four, since the champion has one as well.
Sapphiire_old_1
can't w8 to see it looks realy nice i love those anime specials
Birdy
I never realized I still have this one bookmarked.
Trash Boat
nice bump deadbeat. i thought it was wastelanded
deadbeat
god help me, i bumped a thread with useful information >_>
Trash Boat
here's an idea for XY players. why don't you guys make an osu!nova VG league? the most qualified players from here can become "leaders" of "gyms", so people can challenge you. the contestants must ask for a challenge to the leaders in order to proceed, respecting each leader's GMT. each leader must make a team with only 1 type(secondary types are allowed, as long as all Pokémon share one unique type)
example:
User 1, Grass gym leader
User 2, Fire gym leader
and so on, until covering most or all the types
now for E4, mmm... that's gonna be difficult. maybe some of you should be part leader part elite. if you're interested, i leave the rest of the rules to your judgement
DestinySonata
^That's actually quite interesting.
I'd love to be competitive once more
Sapphiire_old_1

Trash Boat wrote:

here's an idea for XY players. why don't you guys make an osu!nova VG league? the most qualified players from here can become "leaders" of "gyms", so people can challenge you. the contestants must ask for a challenge to the leaders in order to proceed, respecting each leader's GMT. each leader must make a team with only 1 type(secondary types are allowed, as long as all Pokémon share one unique type)
example:
User 1, Grass gym leader
User 2, Fire gym leader
and so on, until covering most or all the types
now for E4, mmm... that's gonna be difficult. maybe some of you should be part leader part elite. if you're interested, i leave the rest of the rules to your judgement

I saw this once on twitch i don't remeber who it was but he was doing the same thing he was the elite 4 he was starting with the same team as Lorelei and when you beat him he would change his team to the next member of the elite 4 ect
Trash Boat
instead of using the original teams of the VG, why you don't break the ice and create an original team of your own?
DestinySonata
Though there'd have to be type restrictions, only the Champion should have an all around balanced team
NaomiMinette
Azure_Kite
It would be cool.
Trash Boat
Too slow
deadbeat

Trash Boat wrote:

Too slow
or maybe he linked it here because you didn't :p
mathexpert
Guys, check out pokemon showdown and play a battle. Fucking beautiful ;~;

DestinySonata

mathexpert wrote:

Guys, check out pokemon showdown and play a battle. Fucking beautiful ;~;

wow. i should check showdown now
NaomiMinette

deadbeat wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

Too slow
or maybe he linked it here because you didn't :p
She*, and I honestly was surprised no one linked it yet at the time.
deadbeat
oops. sorry about that ;w;
Trash Boat
i made a thread of it because i thought this was going to be something passive(i mean, it's April fools day). i really hoped it had that augmented reality feature, but i guess thats what Dream radar is for. anyway my brother has already all 150 Pokémon, but there are strong rumors that Mew is lurking by somewhere in Nintendo JP and the Amazonas river(#151 Pokémon?)
mm201
I was very disappointed that it was Buneary at the Statue of Liberty and not Victini. :(
Birdy
I AM FAT L

The Maps thing is funny tho.
deadbeat
so i randomly found this...
Trash Boat
lol that was so funny. too bad its true
Laharl
The anime would be really cool if it was based on the manga.

The manga was really awesome if you ask me, at least up to the point I read so far.
DestinySonata
^I think it would be best to have another series for that

Think of the children hahaha
Vish024
Why does Hypnosis have 60% accuracy when other status affecting moves such as Will-o-wisp, Thunder wave and Toxic have 85%, 100% and 90% accuracy respectively? Found it frustrating because now I'm reluctant to include hypnosis and dream eater in my Gardevoir's moveset which I loved spamming back during Diamond/Pearl where hypnosis had at least 70% accuracy.
Trash Boat
i'm always open to discuss Pokémon logic. Hypnotic waves arent that powerful as magic fire and electricity, but toxic, mmm... that one is tricky
Jinxy
Balance and metagame-wise, sleep is a complete and utter shutdown on your opponent
mathexpert
yup sleep is much, much more powerful than burn, toxic, and para. That fact, as well as hypnosis's good distribution (gengar, gardevoir, and mew come to mind) explains why it's only a 60% chance.
Spore on the other hand, has a 100% chance to put pokemon to sleep, but that's because of it's poor distribution – only slow pokemon get it, like breloom, smeargle, and amoongus so the opponent has a reasonable chance to KO your pokemon before you put it to sleep.
DestinySonata
Then there's always sketch Dark Void Smeargle and Darkrai to ruin the fun.
Faust
That's what Vital Spirit Magmortar is for ! :)

Focus Blast away~
Laharl

DestinySonata wrote:

^I think it would be best to have another series for that

Think of the children hahaha
Yep, I know. The manga's somewhat cruel, but also funny in a certain way.

Leaf and her pokéball-breasts :'D
DestinySonata

Faust wrote:

Focus Blast away~
Focus Miss makes me cry :c
For some reason it misses more than it hits
Trash Boat

DestinySonata wrote:

Faust wrote:

Focus Blast away~
you didn't focus enough ;)
NaomiMinette

DestinySonata wrote:

Faust wrote:

Focus Blast away~
Pre-Gen VI, it missed a lot for me. Now, it seems to hit most of the time... Weird.
Trash Boat
can anyone post pic of people cosplaying Pokémon, or theres already a thread on the art subforum?
something like this i mean(each diff has a different wallpaper): https://osu.ppy.sh/b/158805&m=0
mathexpert

DestinySonata wrote:

I (mentally) feel like this is true as well, but it probably isn't. While there's no such thing as a perfect 70% chance, algorithms nowadays are pretty damn close. I think what is going on is the Von Restorff effect: you initially hope, expect it to connect and when it misses and costs you the game, it sticks out and leaves a larger imprint on your brain than when it simply hits. Thus in your mind, it seems like it misses more than it hits– because you remember the times it misses in a larger, more significant way. But if you tabulated your hits and misses in an objective way, it would probably be close to 70%.
Laharl

DestinySonata wrote:

Funny, it was for me the same in Gen IV & V. T_T

It had an accuracy like the 50% of Dynamic punch.
deadbeat

weeee
show more