forum

Stream progression

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xolotl
So I've been playing consistently for about 6ish months at this point. Both aim and accuracy I'm getting better at relatively fast. However, I'm seeing little to no change in streaming. For example, I really struggle with any long (15+ notes) streams above 160 bpm.

At my rank it feels like I should already be getting these, just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem and if they overcame out. However, I'm just starting to think it's a natural thing and there's nothing I can do to improve it. (Also I've been playing stream/high bpm maps very consistently for the past month)

Thanks for reading this, I appreciate any feedback!
Juuuuuuuuul
A month is not enough, quote from a 2 digits :
"it take years of training to get good at streaming, years..."
Implojin
don't try to train high bpm and stamina at the same time - practice them separately until you improve, taking breaks between, you will eventually be able to handle harder maps

you need to be able to acc or it's pointless, and you won't acc by wearing yourself out mashing bpm way higher than you can handle

practice burst maps for finger control

practice long stream maps for stamina

if you feel pain or numbness in your wrist/elbow/arm/pinky, stop playing*, don't injure yourself by overdoing it
*(and re-evaluate how you position yourself during later play sessions)

find a guide to wrist stretches and do those sometimes

don't put weight on your elbow, don't put weight on the wrist of your tapping hand

make sure you warmup before jumping into high bpm stuff when you play, don't injure yourself by skipping warmup

As long as you don't have physical injury, you can always improve

disclaimer: I am garbage at game, don't listen to me
Topic Starter
xolotl
Thank you for the info! greatly appreciated.
OneTrueDuceOK
It took me 2 to 3 months of constant practice every day just to get from 120bpm stream to 130bpm stream. Rank doesn't relate to your skill, but it is your skill that is related to your rank. Remember, in osu you can not "except" improving, but let improving happen without you noticing (if you're practicing the right way).