forum

I'm new! I have some questions :O

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GraveMaker17
Hello all! I just found out about this game today and I dig it! It's really fun and challenging and has some great music ^.^ BUT! I am a little lost..
Those dot trails that come up inbetween the beats, what are those?
The dots in the sliders, any tips on how to hit those consistently? I seem to have alot of trouble with them.
What's the difference between a 300 point score, and a 300 point score with Kanji above it?
Do the numbers inside the beat markers mean anything?

Thanks in advance! :D
kriers
Topic Starter
GraveMaker17
Thanks for the welcome :) I checked out the FAQ, but it was a little tough to understand, or find the specific questions I had, so I came here :P
Luna
The dots in between the beats are called followpoints, they are just there to help in reading more complicated/fast patterns
As for the dots in the sliders, you don't hit them. Just keep the button clicked for the whole duration of the slider. They exist to check if you correctly complete a slider - If the slider ball reaches one of those ticks and your cursor is either not in the right spot or not clicked down, you get a slider break (combo break and the slider can no longer be a 300)
The difference between 300 with and without kanji is just that a kanji means it's the last beat of a combo (Combos are recognizable by having differently coloured hitelements and their own sequence of numbering). There are two different kanji that can be displayed, the first one means that you hit 300 on all elements of the combo, the other means that you hit at least a 100 in the last combo. Other than that, they don't do anything.
Numbers in beat markers - do you mean combo numbering? If yes, that's also to help read harder patterns =)
Topic Starter
GraveMaker17
Oh okay cool! Thanks :)