forum

[Forum] Remove "Reply" Upon Thread Being Closed. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
So I'm totally casually browsing the site, and I decide to browse the forums. I approach a thread that I had recently replied in, and I noticed it was closed

So I'm totally like "oh ok let's see the replies I didn't see when I was gone"

Then I notice at the top right, where it generally said "CLOSED", it still shows the reply button

It would be super cool and stuff if, when a thread was closed, the reply button would turn into a "closed" button, like it used to :D.
Ekaru
Agreed.
Sakura
Moderators can still post in locked threads tho, so idk if removing it from view would be a good idea, changing it into a "locked" button like it used to be would be better imo.
Azure_Kite

Sakura wrote:

Moderators can still post in locked threads tho, so idk if removing it from view would be a good idea, changing it into a "locked" button like it used to be would be better imo.
if (thread == Locked)
{
if ( userstatus == BAT)
{
replyButton.Show();
}
else
{
lockedButton.Show();
}
}
else
Derekku
Used to show as Locked for anyone, but BATs could still click on it and it'd let you reply. I'd rather see this old behavior because I keep getting confused as to whether a thread is actually locked or not >.>
Mara
Minor off-topic, but also requesting the access to the A&W.

I miss my amazing morning reading.

On-topic, I have got confused lately a few times as well. The "locked"-button would be nice.

I also literally edited this message 10 times.
theowest
Isn't this a duplicate?
Nitojgrem

theowest wrote:

Isn't this a duplicate?
Yes, it is t/84952 (although I personally like the way of the op here more, lol)
theowest
still [duplicate]
Sakura
Actually this isn't the same request, this is about the Reply button not the Quick Reply thing at the bottom nor the "Quote" button on posts (Although i guess both could be merged), specially considering that the other one was made when the "Locked" button still showed up.
theowest
well OP obviously mean all of those.

latest post in that thread:
Sakura
Oh, i only read the suggestion on the OP, marking this as duplicate then.
Ekaru
At least edit the other topic's title and OP if you're going to mark this as a duplicate, because it's confusing from an organization standpoint otherwise.