forum

I can't find a grip/area that doesn't hurt my hand/make it numb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon
Everyone says to just do what's natural to you, but what's natural hurts my hand, and I haven't found anything else that doesn't either.

I don't play through the pain. When I feel it starting to hurt, I stop playing. If I ever feel sharp pain I stop playing altogether and maybe for a few days. But I've been trying out different areas and they all still put pressure on something like my thumb or my wrist and I know it would be dumb to keep playing with it. I just need to find some grip/area that is totally comfortable. Any tips for finding this?

I'm very conscious about my hand health and I always do stretches before playing and throughout the day. I don't think I've ever gotten to the point of injuring myself and I don't want to, that's why I'm making this post.
Vuelo Eluko
mind how tense you're holding the pen, a little tension is natural but you shouldnt be leaving dents in your fingers.
Equbuxu
I had a similar issue with my grip and the problem turned out to be a combination of three things:

- Overtensing. As Vuelo said, the pen shouldn't leave dents in your fingers. I used to tense a lot to achieve a more stable aim (at least it thought so), especially on harder maps.

- Stretching too much. I used to stretch pretty much every time my hand was tired or hurt. What I didn't realize is stretching caused some of the pain itself. I still do stretch, but I consciously control myself not to stretch too often, only before playing and every few hours while playing. Sometimes it's better to just take a break for a few minutes

- Bad grip. This one is a bit subjective, but I held my pen in a way that only the tip of my thumb touched the pen and all the pressure was concentrated on the small area. This spot was starting to get numb and hurt after less than an hour of gameplay