forum

Input lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alma_Tes
I know how controversial this topic is because of people who are too lazy to figure things out on their own but I've done my research and can't figure out what in the world could be causing it.
I've already created a reddit thread about this issue but I haven't gotten any productive answers.

I've recently started noticing some input lag on my tablet. I'm not sure if my keyboard is effected as well but it doesn't seem like it. The lag on my tablet is definitely more noticeable.

I thought I was just being paranoid but when I asked some people who don't play osu whatsoever they confirmed that the tablet is indeed lagging.

I've tried using a variety of drivers and I've settled on the Hawku drivers as the latency is the lowest of all the drivers I've tried.

It's not the game as I can usually run it at 1.6k fps and more.

I use the CTL-471

SPECS:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 750Ti
CPU: Intel Core i5-4430
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34
Ram: 16gigs of ddr3 memory
I haven't overclocked any of my components

the reddit thread:https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/ar88jr/im_feeling_some_latency_on_my_tablet/
Legend_OZ
What does your in-game input lag counter display? Mine is usually 0.4-0.8ms with the latest hawku driver (I'm on ctl472) for reference.
lm2578
Do you have another PC and/or another Tablet at hand? Try using the other Tablet on your PC and your Tablet on the other PC. That should limit the problem to either the tablet or PC. If it's the PC, I'd say software problem, if it's the Tablet probably some electronics burned through or something like that.

Could also be, that you just recently noticed, because osu! increased your input lag sensitivity ..., but it'd still be some kind of hardware or software problem.