forum

[resolved] Osu! bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ItsMakii
Problem details:When ever I click the "Play" button, nothing happens and it will not take me to my maps. I can click options and the option menu opens, just not the play button. Ill post video of it, one of yall might be able to help :3

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://youtu.be/Xov8rLgYHyA

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20190207
khan119
1. Try switching to stable
2. Try reinstalling
Death
Please don't immediately suggest reinstalling. Most of the time doing that doesn't fix anything, and while it can fix some issues, usually there areless destructive things that can be tried before doing that. At the very least, mention that uninstalling the game will remove all of your beatmaps, skins, local replays/scores, etc. And, in order to save all of those things, nearly the entire game needs to be backed up anyway.

In this case, I'd try restarting your computer first.

If that doesn't do anything, try repairing the game. Keep the shift key held down while starting the game until a configuration window pops up. There should be a "repair osu!" button on the window. Alternatively, you may have a "repair osu!" executable already inside your osu! folder, double clicking on that should also open that window.

If neither of those things work, close the game, open your osu! folder, move the "osu!.db" file outside of the folder, and then start the game again.
Topic Starter
ItsMakii

Death wrote:

Please don't immediately suggest reinstalling. Most of the time doing that doesn't fix anything, and while it can fix some issues, usually there areless destructive things that can be tried before doing that. At the very least, mention that uninstalling the game will remove all of your beatmaps, skins, local replays/scores, etc. And, in order to save all of those things, nearly the entire game needs to be backed up anyway.

In this case, I'd try restarting your computer first.

If that doesn't do anything, try repairing the game. Keep the shift key held down while starting the game until a configuration window pops up. There should be a "repair osu!" button on the window. Alternatively, you may have a "repair osu!" executable already inside your osu! folder, double clicking on that should also open that window.

If neither of those things work, close the game, open your osu! folder, move the "osu!.db" file outside of the folder, and then start the game again.

repaired osu and its working now, thank you very much! <3