forum

Recovery beatmaps [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zizzi997
Hey there.
I bought a new computer, and I installed Osu! again.
Is there a way to recovery my beatmaps?
Zelmarked
C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\Songs
Copy and paste.
Piotrekol
copy them from old computer <- the only easy way
...or download them again
Papi Bear
^as they said.
Topic Starter
Zizzi997
Old computer is broken :(
boat
But is the harddrive?
Topic Starter
Zizzi997
I don't know how to remove it, I would surely damage something. :x
The other way is to download them all again? t_t
Zelmarked

Zizzi997 wrote:

Old computer is broken :(
Is the old computer a tower,
if so can you remove the old hard drive,
and if the new computer is a tower can you use the old cords/hard drive and plug it in?

Some things:
If your new comp has a warranty it will be voided when you open the case.
A solution which will save the warranty and some hassle is buying a external HD case which uses usb.
Turn off the computer and gently remove cording if you intend to extract the old HD.

Edit: If it's a laptop it depends on the laptop as to whether or not removing it will be viable. Some can eject, some you have to unscrew, and worse are those which are proprietary.
Papi Bear
Is your hard drive of your songs also broken? If not, hmm.. Consult a technican to help you transfer files from your hard drive? I dunno.. :/
Papi Bear
Ninja'd.. :l
Topic Starter
Zizzi997
I think I have to download the beatmaps again.. It's a bit boring because I had 100+ D:
Papi Bear
What's your net speed? It's just 100+ maps.. That would be a snap. (unless when you still thinking of maps you have.)

If you have a fast net and at least.. Umm 200+Gb space I think.. Try downloading beatmap packs..
Zelmarked
I'd recommend an external case which makes it rather easy. Here's a video lying it out well:

But if your keen on DLing them again:
http://osu.yas-online.net A mirror of the maps so you can get the ones you want when osu! gives you DL limits.
and
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/64970 Torrents for the maps so you can get them all and DL them through the night.
Topic Starter
Zizzi997
Yeah but if I have to download them again, I need to wait too for download other beatmaps.