forum

Osu! taiko : randomized and note reversed colour modifiers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
taimoon

Quesiton

1. What is your opinion on adding randomised notecharts and reversed colour notecharts as new modifiers in osu! taiko?
  2. Is it relevant to adding one of these modes into osu! taiko and why?
  3. Adding them as increase difficulties mod (ranked) or extra mod (unranked)?

Disclaimer : The contents written here are not experimental proved and more like a assumption.

Background

Randomised notecharts and reversed colours notecharts are available in taiko no tatsujin series.

The info can be found under the section of gameplay options in these site
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Taiko_no_Tatsujin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiko_no_Tatsujin#Gameplay_options

Randomised mode

In randomized notecharts mode, the colours of notecharts are changed and shuffle randomly.

These randomized might not increase the difficulties of the beatmaps for high skilled player due to their good notes reading ability. Unless, the difficulties will be increase dramatically and nearly impossible to be played when randomised and flash light modes are opened at the same time. This is because it's heavily relying on memorisation of same notecharts in playing flashlight mod. However, randomized mod can be a good pattern practice tool because it reshuffles the colour combination of notes.

Reversed colour mode

In the reversed colours notecharts, the blue notes (kat) and red notes(don) are reversed ( red to blue, blue to red)
It's a challenging mode at earlier and starting when the players are required to tap the reversed note to the displayed note(unchanged). Well, it will be nothing when players are used to it after target practice. But, it can be even tougher when reversed mode and normal mode are switching constantly in a beatmap.
TaikoWorldCup

Randomised

It could be a pretty fun mod to play and keep maps new, but it should be unranked for the following reason:
If the notes are random then long single color streams would appear less and that would make it for ddkk players easier (My opinion).

Reverse colors

Full map reveresed
I don't think this should be a mod because you can just switch your keys.
Switching during the map
It would require some time to get used to it but wouldn't be too difficult.

I would like it to have a mode where the colors change to difderent colors like red to yellow and blue to green.
My implementation would be that one color changes at a time and after a while the other...
That way you would still be able to know which keys for which color.
(Hope this makes sense to you)