forum

New ranking and new OWC model

posted
Total Posts

Would you like to see this system implemented and a new owc made with all game modes?

Yes
0.00%
No
80.00%
Just the owc, don't want a new overall ranking.
20.00%
Total votes: 5
Topic Starter
Wilir-senpai
I have been thinking of a simple idea that I think would be really cool to do that I think is very simple and easy to implement.

I've been thinking how osu! is made up of 4 game modes that are usually pretty segmented, players tend to have a main mode and tend to play it a lot more than others... So I came up with the Idea of adding a new ranking with the pp system where the average of the pp of the 4 modes is calculated! And so we could come up with a formula (it can be as simple as average pp or you can make another one you think works better, I am not good at maths :P) that gives you an idea of how well and how balanced an osu! player is overall, and possibly giving incentive for players to play more modes.
Another thing that could be done then is adding an extra world cup where all players are forced to play all 4 modes and giving an the winner could be kind of like the "King of osu!"!

This is a similar idea to the decathlon in athletics, people compete to see who is the best balanced athlete... It's a simple concept that could be done pretty quickly I think, and I would find very interesting to see competitions with all the modes and the tactics and team building they'll go with. If you like my idea I would like to know and maybe you could spread this around so that people think about it... I don't know if this was ever discussed.
Vuelo Eluko
i dont get it, the people who enjoy the minigames already play them, nothing else need be used to incentivize them.
mulraf
1. maybe this would've fitted better into the https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/4 feature requests forum where:
2. this would've been locked away probably because of so many similar suggestions but:
3. there already are https://osudaily.net/ranking.php sites who offer a ranking of people with their cumulative pp (even though not all users are on this site, you need to register or register another player) but the top 1000 should be pretty accurate yet:
4. the multi-mode community is pretty indecisive on how they would want to implement something that gives away your skill as an all-mode player instead of just accumulated pp where people like ctb only top 10's can be top 400 overall just bc of their high pp in one mode but:
5. people like edgar_figaro (who's doing much for the all-mode community from what it seems like) are working on other rankings: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/817840 which don't only use cumulative pp. but again, only the best are included so far. so:
6. there are a lot of people interested in this and i think there were already some all mode tournaments but we're working on it and the more people that get interested into such aspects of the game, the more the developers might be inclined to do an official solution :3
btw: there are other all-mode things you can aim for too. i personally love hunting medals. and i know other people like remyria, -electro- or toy like their medals too (just as an example).