forum

Tilting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Winnyace
You probably came here because you're tilting in osu! I'm sure you have done it. We all have done it. I'll try my best to stop you from tilting. These are not to be instant solutions, not even solutions. These are things that made me stop

My backstory
I've played osu! for almost 4 years now. I'm not the best in the world and I'll probably never be. I tried to be, but my anger problems have been to stop. I decided to try to fc stuff that I find interesting or that it gives me a challenge, but I continued to tilt. And so I asked myself why. Why do I tilt?

Why we tilt
Tilting is a emotion state that expresses anger, frustation, it makes us continue to push forward, but it can lead to bad habits and can leave us feel bad and worthless. We tilt because we compare to others.We compare to others because it's in our nature. We like competition, we like to win those competitions because it makes us proud, no matter if the competition is between us and our minds or between others and no matter if the competition is dumb in the first place.

How to stop
Ask yourself this: Why do I play osu! and how much time do I invest into it? Let's take me as an example. I play osu! because it's fun, it has great music and I like to challenge myself. I spend around 30 mins-1 hour almost everyday.
You got your answer? Alright! Now think that we're going to die. We're all going to die, like it or not. Why spend your time tilting over a game? You have other stuff to worry like school/work, family, our limited time everyday to complete our tasks for that day. Imagine that you could have spent those hours you invest into something else, into something that would actually benefit your life. Why would you want to time on this silly game? You can spend your time going to the gym, or studying the stock market, or singing, or doing a sport or simply just spending time with your family or loved ones. Your time on this game is time that you mostly likely lost. This might come as the hard to some, but it's real. Why you play this? Just to tilt? This is just a silly game, with 0 goals and to be honest not so socially acceptable. So just have fun because at the end of the day, we're all going to die and disapear forever.

Hope I helped at least a bit.
im flat
raging over a circle game lmfao