forum

E3 2012 Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mashley
Alright, we need a thread for E3 now. You guys gonna watch it? What do you want to see?

Times for UK chaps, everyone else can find out their own :)

4th June
Microsoft 6pm
EA 9pm
Ubisoft 11pm

5th June
Sony 2am
Nintendo 5pm

Gonna be up late Monday night I guess :P
Aurele
No, I'm not Gaben.

/me hides.
pacmanmania
looking forward to the new Tomb Raider and Need for Speed Most Wanted reboot

hopefully they will be shown on E3
Mianki
Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo
787B
I'm seriously excited for this year's E3, especially because of Halo 4, God of War Ascension and Sly Cooper. I want to see more about the Wii U too.
Here is the full schedule:

Monday, June 4
SPOILER
9:30am E3 Begins
9:30am Microsoft Press Conference
1:00pmEA Press Conference
3:00pmUbisoft Press Conference
6:00pmSony Press Conference

Tuesday, June 5
SPOILER
9:00am E3 Begins
9:00am Nintendo Press Conference
1:00pm Assassin's Creed 3
1:30pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
2:00pm Tomb Raider
2:20pm Dead Space 3
2:40pm Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
3:00pm Resident Evil 6
3:20pm LEGO Lord of the Rings
3:40pm Darksiders II
4:00pm Forza Horizon
4:20pm Fable: The Journey
4:40pm Halo 4
5:00pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
5:20pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
5:40pm PS All Stars
6:00pm Star Wars 1313
6:20pm God of War: Ascension
6:40pm The Last of Us

Wednesday, June 6
SPOILER
10:00am E3 Begins
11:00am Ni No Kuni
11:20am Far Cry 3
11:40am SECRET E3 GAME!!
12:00pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
12:20pm Crysis 3
12:40pm Sleeping Dogs
2:00pm Kingdom Hearts 3DS
2:20pm Hitman: Absolution
2:40pm Spec Ops: The Line
3:00pm Transformers: FoC
3:20pm The Walking Dead: Episode 2
3:40pm Dead or Alive 5
4:00pm LittleBigPlanet Karting
4:20pm Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
4:40pm The Unfinished Swan
5:00pm The Amazing Spider-Man
5:20pm Dishonored
5:40pm XCOM: Enemy Unknown
6:00pm Borderlands 2
6:20pm Dust 514
6:40pm The Elder Scrolls Online

Thursday, June 7
SPOILER
10:00am E3 Begins
11:00am Tekken Tag Tournament 2
11:20am LEGO Batman 2
11:40am Persona 4 Arena
12:00pm DmC (Devil May Cry)
12:20pm Lost Planet 3
12:40pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
2:00pm World of Warplanes
2:20pm Quantum Conundrum
2:40pm Metro: Last Light
3:00pm PlanetSide 2
3:20pm Disney Epic Mickey 2
3:40pm Aliens: Colonial Marines
4:00pm LittleBigPlanet Vita
4:20pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
4:40pm SimCity
5:00pm Star Trek
5:40pm IGN's Game of the Show!

Ign will livestream the full E3: http://www.ign.com/
Vish024
Only interested in Ubisoft this time for obvious reasons.
Luzcyfer
No F/%% way i watch that.

Actually there´s only 3 things that interest me , but not worth the time (Fuck you perception of the vg that should look in superhd and be like a movie with blood, they ruined me the funnie times); so i can wait.

The only thing i hope is nintendo change the name of the new bloody console; seriously wii u i s a reason for not buy it.......... And something about smash bros. i

P.S.: I know there will be something from sony's smash, i think i'll watch that stand-up comedy show.
Copter-kun

Mianki wrote:

Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo
Rantai
Quite interested to see what Nintendo have (naturally)

Also want to see what Yoshida has to say about FFXIV and 2.0.
Doodley
Nintendo's going to dominate, no doubt about it. I'm not expecting anything specific, Nintendo is keeping it all on the down low (Wii U, new Retro Studios title, and that's just about it) while it's very clear what Sony's going to show (The Last of Us, LBP Racing, Sly Cooper, Sony Smash Bros.)

I believe what I'm looking forward to the most is a teaser for SSB4, though. Especially given that Sony will also be showing more of their Smash Bros. It shall be grand.
Mianki
Nintendo will be webcasting a special Wii U-centric edition of their Nintendo Direct online video series on Sunday, one that "focuses on the concept behind WiiU." It will air on Nintendo's Wii U Facebook page, 6pm ET, 3pm PT.
In 11 hours.
Topic Starter
Mashley
Oh god that sounds painful...
Mianki
ScrewAttack's Top 10 Things We Want at E3: Nintendo
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-1 ... ack/730859?

Here's also Top10 list for Microsoft
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-1 ... ack/730861

I'm guessing Sony's will come later.
awp
E3 never excites me because the games they show there never have a release date of "like around next week"
friendok53
no interesting games this year meh

but Dishonored is being published by Bethesda i thought it was being made by them but apparently it's not the same cast as fallout , that game was the only one that i had some interest in this year until i got turned off by seeing it's not made by them but just pure publishing for marketing reasons :/
bomber34
I want to see Microsoft failing again with their actors :D Childs are just so funny because they have no idea what's going on but they are cute enough :3
I also want mr. coffeine again :D So amazingly bad that it was just funny doodlydoodlydoo

Also Nintendo ... well i want anything from BIG N
Doodley

bomber34 wrote:

I want to see Microsoft failing again with their actors :D Childs are just so funny because they have no idea what's going on but they are cute enough :3
I also want mr. coffeine again :D So amazingly bad that it was just funny doodlydoodlydoo

Also Nintendo ... well i want anything from BIG N
Oh no, fuck Mr. Caffiene. I don't care if he was so amazingly bad, shit made Ubisoft's conference unbearable. He better not return this year.
Mianki
You can watch the Nintendo Pre E3 stream here if you missed it:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ninte ... ndo/730873

There's more parts, check the GT Movie Playlist on the right side of the page.

Edit: I want the Wii U so bad >.<
Dieathan
I like what I'm seeing from the Wii U so far.
The only thing that I find strange is the Wii U Gamepad Pro. Looks an awful lot like the 360 controller. At least the D-Pad is better.
RandomJibberish
All gamepad controllers look the same

Both control sticks being in the primary position is interesting though. Could make things more comfortable for first person games.

Social stuff on the Wii U is looking pretty cool too. Looks like Nintendo are finally getting their act together with the whole online thing
Topic Starter
Mashley
The think with the Wii U is that it's coming about 3 years too late. This stuff would have been impressive back in 2009/2010, and the hardware is clearly going to be sub-par as soon as MS and Sony launch the next gen. Still, I'm sure they will have some great games to sell it on.
Mianki
It's easier to develop games on that hardware than it will be on MS and Sony's next gen consoles.
Topic Starter
Mashley
But that only means it'll be full of shovel ware and the very occasional good game, mostly first party. They're letting history repeat itself.
mm201
Maybe I just got the wrong impression last time, but the controller screen seems smaller--sized more like a smartphone than a bad tablet. This is good and makes it seem less ridiculous. The playing without a TV thing is still a gimmick and will never see much use. I'd expect support on some launch titles and maybe some more first party things later.

As always, the first are the worst and they'll end up facing some extreme competition from technically superior Sony/Microsoft consoles a year or two later, repeating the whole cycle.

If there's one thing Nintendo needs to learn, it's to stop doing things on their own. They need to open up their systems to development by independents, and it should be at least as easy as iOS to develop for, if not easier.

Mashley wrote:

But that only means it'll be full of shovel ware and the very occasional good game, mostly first party. They're letting history repeat itself.
Shovelware more often than not comes from big business *coughubisoftcough* trying to make a quick buck and milk their expensive developer licenses for all they're worth. Making development easier means more little guys trying their hardest, which leads to more unique, interesting titles.
jjrocks
Like always you can go ahead and look on #videogames for some commentary about each press conference. Microsoft starts in about a minute or so~ get hyped c:
Topic Starter
Mashley
Basically, MS was awful. Though they did have USHER, lol.
Shohei Ohtani
tl;dr most of the demonstrations were pretty much interactive movies.
Mianki
I'll be watching that later
Topic Starter
Mashley

Mianki wrote:

I'll be watching that later
Honestly I wouldn't bother. It was a really poor show from MS this year.
Fight69
jjrocks
NOTHING MATTERS ANYMORE, USHER WAS THERE AND HE WAS DANCING, THIS MEANS THIS IS THE BEST CONFERENCE IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND NO ONE CAN MATCH THAT.

In all seriousness I found the Microsoft Conference to be meeeeeeeh could have been better.
Gabi
Thank god they had usher there, how else would i find out about the all the new games they were announcing.

GET UP EVERYONE GET UP.
yeahyeahyeahhh
E3 sucks this year.
awp
isn't Usher some pop/rap star that gamers don't give a shit about
Topic Starter
Mashley

awp wrote:

isn't Usher some pop/rap star that gamers don't give a shit about
Yeah, and Ubisoft had Flo Rida, hahaha. Still, Ubisoft's show was actually pretty awesome, I'm very hyped for AC3, FC2 and the new game Watch Dogs.
Lesjuh
My thoughts so far. Microsoft disappoints - just some extra services and kinect games... and not a single word about a new console :/ (tomb raider and halo 4 were cool though). Electronic Arts disappointed too - Nothing new but MOH and DS3. Ubisoft was great - I'm excited for the Wii U exclusives Rayman, ZombiU and Watch Dogs.

Can't wait for Nintendo's Wii U conference!
show more