forum

Question about pp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MateusCVieira2
Hey, just wanted to ask a couple of things.
1- What does the "Weighting" of a map mean? In my top plays there's only one map weighted 100%, for example.
2- Why don't I get 70 pp on a 70 pp play necessarily? Today I had a 60pp play and a 70pp play but I didn't get anything close to 130pp on my pp counter
Vuelo Eluko
dont worry about pp, unless you want to be like every other 2k18 player I have ever seen that has spooky 5.5* aim but chokes on 5 note streams in their comfort bpm even with low spacing
Daylight--
[deleted]
Chemmie
Wait, I don't even know what are performance points.
How do I earn those?
Vuelo Eluko

Chemmie wrote:

How do I earn those?
do not
Juuuuuuuuul
Chemmie

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Chemmie wrote:

How do I earn those?

do not

I am confused.
DeletedUser_6869432

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

dont worry about pp, unless you want to be like every other 2k18 player I have ever seen that has spooky 5.5* aim but chokes on 5 note streams in their comfort bpm even with low spacing

Just because they want to know the definition dosent mean there going to become farmers and leaving them in the dark won't change anything about who they will become.

You earn PP by basically getting good. If you S rank a song you will get a lot and you will get more the more accuracy you have which is why it's important to focus on accuracy early on. PP is supposed to be a skill measurement but it Dosent really work like that anymore.

Tl;Dr PP is just a number you can safely ignore.
Vuelo Eluko

kacper124 wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Just because they want to know the definition dosent mean there going to become farmers and leaving them in the dark won't change anything about who they will become.

You earn PP by basically getting good. If you S rank a song you will get a lot and you will get more the more accuracy you have which is why it's important to focus on accuracy early on. PP is supposed to be a skill measurement but it Dosent really work like that anymore.

Tl;Dr PP is just a number you can safely ignore.
it was easier to ignore in ppv1 when no one knew how the fuck it worked, not completely at least, and stuff like blue night doko was the highest pp map for reasons that can only be described as arcane. Now everything is documented, and it is known: streams above 240 bpm are worthless; streams under this mark are weighted fine as we can see by top-end pp plays but why bother learning to stream at all when there's enough 30s triangle jump maps to carry you to 4 digits? Meh. hate the meta, love the game.
Juuuuuuuuul
rtfm