forum

Problem in map selection display (missing stars) [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AkaiTsuki_old
After updated OSU! this morning, I found that the star of map could not display in map selection panel, as show in the picture below. What strange is that if I restart osu, it will be showed after each time I click a map. But after play a map all stars will disappear.

Aoko
Let me confirm something : After you finish playing a map = The whole map or even just a part of it?
peppy
I can't seem to replicate this. Does it happen if you switch to the default skin? Are your beatmap panels skins but the stars not?
Topic Starter
AkaiTsuki_old

Aoko wrote:

Let me confirm something : After you finish playing a map = The whole map or even just a part of it?
Both. However I pass a map or fail or exits in the play. And not only the map I played but also others, the stars will disappear. I also found that by changing a skin that do not use the default star picture may fix this problem. But the problem is that if I change a map the star will not show, but if I select one difficult the others and itself will show the star.
peppy
Try adding a star replacement to your skin for now. I will fix this in the next release.
Topic Starter
AkaiTsuki_old

peppy wrote:

I can't seem to replicate this. Does it happen if you switch to the default skin? Are your beatmap panels skins but the stars not?
It happens in deafult skin, I think the skin use default star picture has this problem, because I've test other skins that change the star picture is able to show stars.
peppy
It doesn't happen on the default skin for me, so I'm guessing you still have overrides somewhere.
Topic Starter
AkaiTsuki_old

peppy wrote:

It doesn't happen on the default skin for me, so I'm guessing you still have overrides somewhere.
This is the first time I select a map after start osu.(in default skin)

And if I click another difficult the stars will show. But if I play one, it will never show again.

Aoko
I experienced it for just a second. Just a second.
Azure_Kite
Does anyone notice that the map KOTOKO - Unfinished {TV Size} is present in every instance of exhibiting this issue thus far?
Hiyorin
Also experiencing this problem, even with the default skin that I have not modified whatsoever. I have noticed that this doesn't happen when beatmaps are shown using "show all" and can be consistently replicated when sorting by date which OP is also using coincidentally.
Anzo

^randomly happens when i pressed F2, and clicking another song.
^happens in default skin's star image.
Aoko

Azure_Kite wrote:

Does anyone notice that the map KOTOKO - Unfinished {TV Size} is present in every instance of exhibiting this issue thus far?
Hmm, just checked the other thread and same map as well.
Playing this map with my osu! works fine and I don't get the 'missing stars' problem aside from that second a while ago.
peppy
Sent out a new patch to hopefully fix this. Report back please.
Azure_Kite
Trying to replicate via FruitTingles' method (Sorting by Date and playing)

The issue seems to be resolved now. That is, I experienced it myself multiple times before, now it isn't happening.
Topic Starter
AkaiTsuki_old

peppy wrote:

Sent out a new patch to hopefully fix this. Report back please.
:) Problem sovled, thx for fixing!