forum

[Resolved] Edited/Mixed Skin Hitsounds Not Working Properly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
agon131
Was messing around with my edited version of Seouless' skin (found here: https://circle-people.com/skins/?osu=Seouless&download=0), and managed to somehow get my hitsounds messed up.

Was switching them around and trying different sounds until I somehow made it so that the hitsounds would just stop changing entirely. Its now stuck on some weird muffled noise, as opposed to it being clear and clicky, even after swapping the original hitsounds back in.

Noticed this when playing Granat specifically with whatever hitsound is tied to those notes. I've tried deleting every hitsound file, replacing them, swapping the original files back in, and nothing changes. Either i'm an idiot or I actually fucked something up, or both.

I've tried playing back with the original skin, and the hitsounds are completely different even though I have the exact same files on my edited version.

And no, its not my options, I never changed them, even double-checked them knowing this and I was correct. Like I said the original skin works fine and so do my various other skins. And when taking other skins hitsounds and putting them into my edited skin, then comparing the two, the edited is always fucked up somehow.

Any ideas?

:>
h3oCharles
CTRL+O => Audio -> Ignore beatmap hitsounds
oh, and here are the valid names:

(drum,normal,soft)-hit(clap,finish,normal,whistle)
(drum,normal,soft)-slider(slide,tick,whistle)

any sounds with numbers or x's or h's are invalid
Topic Starter
agon131

h3oCharles wrote:

CTRL+O => Audio -> Ignore beatmap hitsounds
oh, and here are the valid names:

(drum,normal,soft)-hit(clap,finish,normal,whistle)
(drum,normal,soft)-slider(slide,tick,whistle)

any sounds with numbers or x's or h's are invalid

Like I said my options in-game arent a problem. I had, and already have ignore beatmap hitsounds as well as use skin's sound samples enabled.

Switching to other skins goes without a hitch as they work properly with all elements intended. It just seems for some reason the one skin which I edited is messed up for some reason.
Fizzly
Change the name of your edit to something else, both the folder and in the skin.ini, then redownload the original skin. Copy paste your visual edited stuff(not sound files) into the original and don't touch the sounds.

Only other thing I can think of is the line "LayeredHitSounds:" in skin.ini under general. Try switching this between the values 0 and 1.