forum

Put most viewed stream on front page of forums

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
GladiOol
Pretty much the title. At the moment we can see 'highest user rating', 'most played' and 'newest ranked' maps. I would like to see the most viewed stream at that moment in that list. It would be sexy. If you have problems with space, just delete highest user rating since map rating isn't accurate imo.
Gaba
That would be nice. Support.
Gabi
Personally i think it would look better if it was on the front page when you first get to osu!
Topic Starter
GladiOol

Gabi wrote:

Personally i think it would look better if it was on the front page when you first get to osu!
seems fine for me as well, as long as it just gets more attention~
peppy
Yeah, I'm still considering where I want to put this, but it's definitely on my mind. I do plan on making live streams even more prominent than they are now, so don't worry ;).
Topic Starter
GladiOol
awesome /o/
theowest
but then that stream would get even more views and would always be the most viewed! It's not like you can rate live streams.

I think they all should deserve an equal deserving spot somewhere where all of them have equal chances of showing.
[ Another ]
Here is my opinion, and a plan for it.

The osu! related streams are not the most viewed things on twitch.tv, and because of this the new osu! players are not noticed the thing there is some pro osu! streamers, so why dont we make osu! streams more popular with putting them to the main osu! page, the youtube videos have their place on the main page, so the streams why not? let me explain it.

On the Community tab there is already a Live Streams section, but it's not the easiest thing to find it, especially for those who are new to the site, and there is an unused space on the main page (Picture 1) so it could used for a "Featured Streams" section (Picture 2),

The streams/people who are eligible for the place in the featured stream box:
-*Everybody from the top #50 (or top #100?) in PP ranking, (In standard, in taiko, in catch the beat, in osu!mania also)
-Every streams that has 150 (it can be 100 or 200 also) or more viewers.

• *-But how can we know if someone who is in the top #50 is streaming or just have channel where he/she sometimes streaming?
    -I dont know exactly if it is possible or not, but in the profile settings where we can add our last.fm account, it could be a twitch account column here, and if the player is in the top #50, and the stream what he added is online the stream is in the "Featured Streams" box.
RIP ENGLISH
jesse1412
I think the site is under reworks atm so this should probably wait until then.