forum

"Intermissions" during songs? [Added b74] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Would it be possible to program in the ability to allow "intermissions" where your lifebar doesn't drop? Ouendan and EBA have cutscenes in the middle of their songs while the music is still rolling that show how you're doing. I'm not asking for the ability to do cutscenes juuust yet; just the ability to have the lifebar pause at preset times within the songs as designated by the beatmaps.
peppy
This was supposed to be in the quite a while ago. I've just been distracted by other things unfortunately :cry:.

I'll add it to the todo list for tonight and try and get it out.
chan
I've updated this morning (version b76), but I don't know how to add intermissions. I don't think there's any option in Osu! as far as I can see. I could be wrong.
peppy
I added this to the editor guide, and it was in my changelog post, but I guess I should also mention it here:

As for break/intermission mode - it is in the game (albeit untested) but not yet available in the editor. To make use of this, edit your .osu and add and event line in the following format:

[Events]
2,<startTimeMs>,<endTimeMs>

You can add as many of these lines as you want. If you need to find out the millisecond times, you can rever to the [HitObjects] section - the third number in the comma separated list refers to the hit-time of a normal circle.

I'll try and get it in the editor ASAP. At the moment it will simply blackout the screen and stop HP drain. It is also considered when deciding the song's HP drain rate.
eyup
You'll need to hide combo fire during the intermissions as well, or they'll block the storyboard :D But I'm sure you've thought of this already!
peppy
Noted!
[deleted user]
Beatmaps end after the last note, even if there's a break event at the end of the song. Can this be changed? That way the game can have proper outros and story resolutions by adding breaks at the end.
peppy
Sure - once storyboarding is actually implemented you can have intros/outros. No point at the moment though!