forum

How do you get better at tech maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tomatas95
Hello.
So i've started playing tech maps arround 4months ago, since the only way i could think of improving everything was tech maps cuz i was pretty bad at them at the start, so i found them fun to learn that one day i could nail them... Though after 4months playing almost only tech maps i still can't get an A on a Camellia map 5*. Sliderends, sudden bursts - (Which i cannot catch up to time them up so i end up mashing zxzxzx buttons and they end up being 100). , streams (Which i fingerlock, how do i stop fingerlocking is another big question i question myself everytime i stream since it stops me from getting 300 streams and its really frusturating becouse some stream parts ends up 100.) And yeah i'm trying to play as much as i can, but it's just not getting fun anymore playing the same tech maps with the same accuracy for months and months, choking the same ways, doing almost the same mistakes you did in the past.

Any help would be appreciated..
UnnamedBeast
don't do the same maps over and over, do normal maps and don't retry, keep going up the star rating, tech skill will come with normal skill.

important, be able to fc 4* with 99% acc (sightread / 1-2 tries) before you start trying 5*
C15U
1. Learn how the sliders actually work.
https://youtu.be/TbLi_HTLzsc?t=74 - mainly the part about slider cheesing.

2. ?
3. Profit!
N0thingSpecial
Tech is really broad term, so can’t give you any concrete advice, but don’t try the same map over and over in short period of time, also a good readable skin helps
Topic Starter
tomatas95
4* Tech maps, or 4* consistency fc's with a high accuracy?
How do i avoid getting fingerlocks?
Yeah i get it with the sliders. Technically the slider ends part ends up when it's too fast. Let's say a map Adrenaline [Rush] Or a Bon apettit [Chile] Maps.
Btw changed from ring/mid to index/mid.. Since some people told me that index finger is better than ring on streams and other stuff.
UnnamedBeast

tomatas95 wrote:

4* Tech maps, or 4* consistency fc's with a high accuracy?
How do i avoid getting fingerlocks?
Yeah i get it with the sliders. Technically the slider ends part ends up when it's too fast. Let's say a map Adrenaline [Rush] Or a Bon apettit [Chile] Maps.
Btw changed from ring/mid to index/mid.. Since some people told me that index finger is better than ring on streams and other stuff.

all 4* maps. well not all but most of em

in terms of fingers play with what is most comfortable, that's literally all that matters.
Topic Starter
tomatas95
Yeah trying to fc 4* but fingerlocks are stopping me, so i guess i just need to play more stream maps ^^
chenny
I think learning to alternate generally helps with a lot of different tech maps.