forum

[resolved] osu! not launching properly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aeroxas
Problem details:
When I try to launch osu! the program opens but appears to be frozen in the background. I am able to get into it and play after a bit of fiddling but it is very hard and often just doesn't work. I have tried to find other posts on this issue but couldn't find anything. Please see the video below.
I'm playing on a dell XPS 15 laptop.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqUp5a8hcnQ&feature=youtu.be

osu! version: Stable 20181221.4 (latest)

Thanks!
iiko
I'm having this same problem. The game is nearly unplayable, and it's very frustrating. I can only play it when it launches, then consistently tabs out in the same fashion after any tab out past launch.
Death
Can you try disabling "Focus assist" to see if that makes any difference? Go to Windows settings > System > Focus assist, and just disable everything on that page.

Otherwise, this kind of looks like a graphics issue? Not sure what GPU is in the XPS 15. When's the last time you updated your drivers? If you have both integrated graphics and a discrete card, have you tried switching which one osu! runs on?
LordQuantumKeks
I once had a similar issue, but couldn't find a solution for this.
What worked for me was exporting my whole beatmap collection and then just reinstalling the whole game (you can search for it in some other posts, the people there can explain it better than me).
What you can try is playing arround with screen/video settings. It may be, that your graphics card or driver doesn not accept the current video settings. Often letterboxing or fullscreen is the problem. Worst case scenario you can try to run the compatibility mode and see if it still does not work.
I hope this will help!
iiko

Death wrote:

Can you try disabling "Focus assist" to see if that makes any difference?

This has completely solved my problem, thanks for the help! Good luck for the other posters on the thread. :)
Topic Starter
Aeroxas
My client seems to be opening way smoother now. Thank you, everyone!