forum

Who is my avatar?

posted
Total Posts
show more
The Ribbon Red

Kyomaku wrote:

Oh, that idea is fine, I can edit the first post. What should I write? (suggestions, because I am a bit tired and not sure if I would get some nice phrases together)
"How about we start a game about naming each other's avatar? The first who could guess it right, wins!"
Accelerator-kun

Mantiz wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

And Mantiz, congrats on your 100th post.
Thank you!

I should have more than 100, but seems like the post count is bugged.
It's not bugged. You probably don't know that the posts in the "off topic" section doesn't count ;)
Elfuun_old
The title could be something like: "Do you know what the above avatar is?"

Accelerator-kun wrote:

It's not bugged. You probably don't know that the posts in the "off topic" section doesn't count ;)
Is that so?

Thanks for clarifying.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Hmm sounds fine to me, but thinking it through, we better open a new thread for it, so others dont have to read this discussion :3

Just one thing left.. I have no idea where the forum game section is... :D
Elfuun_old
Here: 68

Let us know when you create the thread.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Yea, I actualy thought of some extra rules and so.. but no idea if they are good:

As a example, If you guess the avatar of the person above, he/she has to mod your map. If wrong, nothing happens... but It could be, that in the end you have to mod someone else's map, if the person after you guessed your avatar right.

It would atleast be related to osu :3

(Edit: And help players to get their map some mods)
Accelerator-kun

Kyomaku wrote:

Yea, I actualy thought of some extra rules and so.. but no idea if they are good:

As a example, If you guess the avatar of the person above, he/she has to mod your map. If wrong, nothing happens... but It could be, that in the end you have to mod someone else's map, if the person after you guessed your avatar right.

It would atleast be related to osu :3

(Edit: And help players to get their map some mods)
That's crazy.
Elfuun_old
I think it wouldn't work.
The Ribbon Red
Why don't go for a simple spare-time game. Adding awards and punishments in this kind of game is a bit... troublesome. Besides, you get the advantage of knowing a Chara that you might not know before, right?
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Why don't go for a simple spare-time game. Adding awards and punishments in this kind of game is a bit... troublesome. Besides, you get the advantage of knowing a Chara that you might not know before, right?

thats why I asked =p

Besides... what kind of punishment are you thinking of?
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

punishment games? haha, it sounds familiar :P (Higurashi)
The Ribbon Red

Kyomaku wrote:

thats why I asked =p

Besides... what kind of punishment are you thinking of?
Doesn't "modding someone else's map" can be considered a punishment if the person doing it doesn't want to?

Accelerator-kun wrote:

punishment games? haha, it sounds familiar :P (Higurashi)
But Higurashi doesn't have awards.
And there's no needle to the arm either.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
the punishment idea works the same like the modding - only people who agree to it should play this game, but there would always be someone, who didn't read the rules.. and someone who didn't got rewarded due to it. It wouldn't work that good...

So in the end, it would probably just stay with the 4 fun. (but it could work due writing the reward/punishment under the own guess for the above avatar. as the example .. my aboves avatar is "random guy" and then under it, I write > reward for the next... free mod for 1 map, punishment for a false .. blah. So the poster would directly know what he is going for and would have to do maybe. Lucky persons will have 2 wishes "rewards from above, punishment from .. I don't know the opposit .. poor english.)

In the case, someone won't fulfill the the reward or punishment, the post will just be ignored, so the before poster will edit behind the wish/punishment if they are done already and first if that doesn't happen in a close timezone, someone could quote that post and reanswer to it... (in the case, it happens like this, the first answer was wrong anyways... why should someone refuse a reward =p )

"I am pretty tired and probably have to edit my post again, because it could make no sense atm"
The Ribbon Red

Kyomaku wrote:

but there would always be someone, who didn't read the rules.. and someone who didn't got rewarded due to it.
Pretty much why the system wouldn't work. And there are some people who can't overlook something like this. They might start a flame war in order to get what they want. (And I was, once, involved in something similar.)

Most forum mini games are dedicated to fun. Therefore I suggest it stays that way to avoid future troubles.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
So it is then.. just 4 fun, but to the topics name, I'm still unsure. It should sound "cool".

Guess the Avatar! Who am I? Who is the Avatar above? I don't know.. it should pull players to the game, not that it just dies..

(I have the ability to talk very long about really unimportant things =p )
Giganscudo

Kyomaku wrote:

So it is then.. just 4 fun, but to the topics name, I'm still unsure. It should sound "cool".

Guess the Avatar! Who am I? Who is the Avatar above? I don't know.. it should pull players to the game, not that it just dies..

(I have the ability to talk very long about really unimportant things =p )
LoL I'm amazed that this forum got this far for just wanting to know an avatar 0.o but anyway if you want Guess the Avatar! Who is the avatar above? I think it'll belong to 'forum games' in the off-topic section (which is most likely already there) So for the topic name you may as well write... 'anime discussion' since this forum dosen't really have a subject and was only made to find out an avatar's name.

If you want a cool sounding name then i don't know... Anime Avatar Admiration? I have a horrible naming sense XD
Accelerator-kun

Giganscudo wrote:

If you want a cool sounding name then i don't know... Anime Avatar Admiration? I have a horrible naming sense XD
Just kidding, it's not bad, it makes the topic look more serious lol
The Ribbon Red
I think the current title suits it quite well. But I don't guarantee it from not dying.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
In the end we could still ask someone to rename the thread, right? (In that case, I would just say "let's go for it", since we can change it again)
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
t/85217/start=0

Opened the game by now, enjoy!