forum

[resolved] Sliders are randomly not working anymore..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maltager
Problem details:

When I am doing sliders or spinners, the button will randomly stop working in Osu and it means I cannot do any maps with a lot of sliders or spinners. It's not my keyboard as it works fine outside of Osu. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no breaks there.

Edit: it only works on long sliders/spinners, never on short ones. It also doesn't happen if I switch fingers mid-slider often enough.

Edit 2: Apparently if I hit both keys at the same time and then release one, it works fine.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://youtu.be/dHq2bdBVLEA

osu! version: Stable 20181221.4 (latest)
Death
What keyboard are you using?

Are you able to customize its key repeat rate/repeat delay through its drivers or any software used for customization? If you are, try making sure that is set to whatever the default setting/value is.
Topic Starter
Maltager
Never mind, I think I found the problem. Turns out it was a hardware problem after all with my keyboard even though it worked fine outside of Osu. Thanks for the help.
Death
Can you elaborate so other people experiencing the same issue could potentially use your solution? "Hardware problem" is pretty vague, surely you did something specific that fixed the issue? Unless you just decided to use a different keyboard entirely.