forum

[Archived] Heavy sound and crash problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Respe
Problem details:
>All skins seem to now have one weird slider sound that sounds very raw and mechanic

>Mostly after changing skin but also at random times when a skin was active for a longer time, the game crashes. It does so very regularly to a point where I can't play osu! for longer than 30 mins without expecting a crash

>While crashing, the game leaves a very loud and constant audio stutter that doesn't shut up until I shut down or restart my system

>The overall latency sometimes changes from -60 ms to 0 ms and back, which is kind of annoying as well.

What might have changed that affected it? I haven't had this problem before:
>I had the newest update of osu!
>I got an internal sound card for my PC

osu! version: Stable 20181212.2 (latest)
Doge Owner
Do you get any error messages after crashing?
Topic Starter
Respe

Doge Owner wrote:

Do you get any error messages after crashing?

It doesn't do anything while crashing until I click somewhere, then the normal crash process is happening (windows saying program does not respond etc.)
Kindd
Hey!
Same happening with me except i dont have to restart my pc or shut it down when i am playing a beatmap after changing a skin or sometimes without even changing the skin it makes loud screaching noise and then crashes i also have the latest update idk whats going on its very annoying when i am doing hard maps and when i am about to fc and all my game just crashes

My game never crashed before until i updated my osu i have also uninstalled and installed osu again but still keeps crashing

I would say i have a decent pc considering i am getting an upgrade soon and i feel much more comfortable now knowing that its not only me with this error