forum

[Archived] Switching from Windowed to Fullscreen (and reverse) messes cursor image

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eismis
Problem details:
Cursor image in-game messes up after using Alt+Enter or through the options to switch from windowed to fullscreen

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

My cursor after first switch

cursor.png is at the top left of cursortrail.png, and cursortrail.png is enlarged

My cursor after second switch

cursortrail.png is regular size, but cursor.png is enlarged and moved out of boundary

Current "fix" I can use is to refresh current skin using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S or changing into another skin, but it gets old really quick. Display scaling is 100%, single monitor, Windows 10, started happening rather recently.

Sorry in advance if I missed a post with similar problem

osu! version: Stable 20181212.2 (latest)
Doge Owner
Does it happen with other skins as well?
xAethereal
try to change the cursor file.if it not working,its might be something wrong with the game
Lyawi
That doesn‘t look skin-related, especially when the cursor was looking fine before.
Topic Starter
Eismis
tried messing around with other skins (30+) - none of them did this but I've noticed a thing - this skins standard cursor image is 82x82 while the @2x is only 106x106 and adding them both into PS kinda shows exactly how it behaves, and since the @2x isn't twice the size

my theory is that the game has started incorrectly adjusting the cursor image dimensions when changing from @2x to regular one (which I can confirm by reducing the canvas size 52px (pretty much what happens when switching from fullscreen 1080p to windowed 720p) so the game would use the standard size image

long story short - for some reason, osu! has started mis-rendering the correct size of image, assuming Skin Refresh to refresh the current skin image size (being 82x82 -> 164x164(102x102 after refresh) when switching from windowed to fullscreen and 102x102 -> 52x52(82x82 after refresh) when switching from fullscreen to windowed instead of changing the .png and re-alligning it properly) - still no clue why this issue didn't appear sooner and only just now ._.
(and yes, I fixed it by changing the 2@x to 164x164 instead of 102x102)