forum

Time machine

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LePako
Time machine
So,i am wondering if time machines are possible.
1.I was thinking they are possible but we don't have the resources to actually build one.But,when i was thinking about this,something came into my mind:'what if a time machine is actually built but we don't know about it because its private?'I mean,think about it,if a time machine exist/would exist,it will be private because the humanity is going to try and 'stole' it.
2.What is time machine is gonna exist/exist and is revealed to humanity,and every human would have the access to it?Could u imagine what would happen?Time would be ruined
Well,this is just a theory,a time theory,where u can also leave u thots bellow :)
Flanster
Even if it existed, it would never see the light of day. Any advanced technology like that is kept secret due to obvious and not so obvious reasons. In general such achievements are kept away from public to not cause any fear/paranoia.
abraker

Flanster wrote:

Even if it existed, it would never see the light of day. Any advanced technology like that is kept secret due to obvious and not so obvious reasons. In general such achievements are kept away from public to not cause any fear/paranoia.
Such tech will not be under wraps forever. If it is discovered once, it will be rediscovered again eventually. If it is known by the people, and is deemed against law and/or immoral, some fuck will still get the bright idea of doing it anyway. The only way it would never be known is if some entity who is against time travel is always in total control of all minds capable of developing such tech. That or any minds capable of developing such tech are obliterated before they develop it. Neither of those two conditions are an indication of a bright future.

PakoD wrote:

2.What is time machine is gonna exist/exist and is revealed to humanity,and every human would have the access to it?Could u imagine what would happen?Time would be ruined
I came up a solution to much of paradoxes time travel poses, and is detailed in this post: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/6613486. In short, it would pollute the time line to the point where traveling through time safely will be hard. An analogy to this is keeping track of all debris in orbit when launching from Earth because it's easy to run into it. This debris can collide with itself and produce more debris in a never ending cascade. Good luck keeping track of all that.
LoPlomo
without adding the quantum physics of which we still know very little, I do not think it is created right now because as far as we know we need some type of controlled black hole or wormhole to be able to travel in time, and using these theories, travel to the past is not possible, only to the future. Anyway, it is quite feasible that at some point humanity will create one, but obviously they will hide it as you said.