forum

General speedy music thread

posted
Total Posts

What's your standard of a "fast" music track?

BPM 180 and above
26.67%
200 and above
6.67%
220 and above
26.67%
240 and above
20.00%
260 and above
20.00%
Total votes: 15
Topic Starter
-----
Ever since I'm an osu player, and have a lot of chance get to play some high BPM maps, I'm slowly becoming to appreciate fast music :3~
But for me, a music track that is both fast and enjoyable, is really a rarity amongst the rest D:

Coz if you look at my priority of music element preference: (may be hard to read...I don't know many musical terms here D:)
:3
1. Transitioning. Lots and lots of transitioning melodies between different piece of music without distracting the general mood and the theme(Classical music anyone?), and that means there will be more Melody Varity and/or Beat Varity in a track.
2. Music Instrument Varity, but again, don't distract the theme (male/female human voice, piano, violin, sax, trumpet, post-music sound effects, synthesized instruments etc...)
3. As less dragging(repeating the same melody again and again in a period) as possible

The best examples, of these 3 things done right, will be nearly all of the 07th Expansion's songs <3

I don't particularly cling on genres(I also love some good trance, dance, drum 'n bass, dubstep...etc), but
If there's no multiple melodies or beats on a music track(like most pop musics)
1. Melody quality: A easy-to-follow, earwormy piece of melody is prefered,
2. Make them pretty :D
You'll find out none of them states about the speed, because IMO they're unrelated. But it's also true that a "fast" and "enjoyable" song is hard to make, at least compare to the "slow" music.

So the purpose of the thread is to make people here to share fast music tracks and to discuss them~
And in addition to that, I also want to do a poll to find out you guy's opinion: What level of speed in a song do you think it's enough to be called "fast"?

Anyway, me first:
1. Windmill Isle Daytime, from Sonic Unleashed (200 BPM)

2. Moo Moo Farm/Yoshi's Vally (Final Lap), from Mario Kart 64 (342 BPM)(or 171...?)

^the greatest musical achievement of mario kart series ever
Birdy

0:26 ♥
Mercurial
200 BPM ♥ 1 Masterpiece

Mismagius
Anything above 220 is pretty fast for me.

Speedcore thread says it all ;p
Jarby
I think 140+ is fast, so yeah.
[Luanny]
Any song under 240bpm for me is... normal
and I also consider 180 a low bpm
dNextGen
awp
It depends on how it's composed. Something can be 300BPM but still sound slow if it's done with quarter beats, and something 200BPM can sound fast if there's double-bass motoring at 1/16 or 1/32 beats.

Most of SYL and Immortal's drumming is really fast, even if the song itself isn't:

(song starts at 0:26)

@dNextGen oh wow that is one of the most irritating things I have ever heard
halo398
mines is 570 cuz i beat doommax on deltamax no mods why dont u try that and come back to me
halo398
also its stupid puttng four votes sayng and above when each vote has higher bpm what is therye two of the same bpm or something?