forum

Forum Avatar Dimension Increment [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ampzz
As the thread title implies this had been something I've been after for a while since the signature maximum height was increased to 150 pixels a couple of months back when peppy had upgraded the forums substantially.

The increase of size I would love to see would be for maximum dimensions increased from the 128 pixel limit thus far to:
  1. Width: 150 pixels
  2. Height: 150 pixels
The file size limit can remain at 88KB as that is more than enough to work with regardless of however many colours and objects you throw at it.

To throw in another additional rule for this should be a complete blocking of animated portable network graphic files (APNG) as on some mobile devices the images cause a few browsers to crash.

If you're after a suitable counter balance to correct the increased avatar proportion of a post area I doubt many people would care about a signature width reduction of 22 pixels as I've rarely seen people using the full width as it is.
peppy
I am fully content with the current dimensions and have no intention of increasing them (or allowing animated avatars), sorry.
-Athena-
Aww man... Guess I'll just have to work with it then
128 is actually pretty generous.