forum

[Archived] Graphics Card Doesn't Support Shader Model 1.1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MissBoPeep
Hello. Recently I've updated to GeForce 6150SE nForce 430.

After this update, which was mainly done for another online game I play, OSU has never been the same. I get the error in the title and whenever I click yes to switch to OPENGL I get so much unbearable lag. I can't even click and change the options the lag is so bad.

If I click no it does not start. I've tried running as an administrator and it only worked once.

I've reinstalled OSU 2 times. After reinstalling OSU would work just fine, but once I would close it and restart it some other time once I've gotten bored, the error comes up again.

I do have DirectX 11 installed. This is so frustrating.
peppy
It sounds like either your video card drivers are broken, or something else you are running between closing osu! and reopening it is causing issues with your system's directx.

Reinstalling osu! won't help; you need to find out what is causing the issue outside of osu!. I would start by upgrading or downgrading your video card drivers.
Topic Starter
MissBoPeep
Thank you! It's been fixed. With OPENGL OSU takes a lot more memory so I had to close some unnecessary programs that were running that I didn't look into before since it had never been a problem. :D
Wardah Ahmar_old
I'm glad that helps you but it doesn't help me. I closed everything I could and it is still laggy in OPEN GL and if it is off it won't open. FML.
peppy
You can now hold 'shift' while starting osu! to enter a safe-mode startup, where you can play with a few settings that may be able to fix your problem. Give it a try.
Superlunah
Wait, if this was 5 years ago, my osu! was opening up fine, but now when I go back to it, it's the most lagging (lmao) thing ever, and I don't understand. I deleted a lot of things then restarted my computer but nothing seems to work?
o x

Superlunah wrote:

Wait, if this was 5 years ago, my osu! was opening up fine, but now when I go back to it, it's the most lagging (lmao) thing ever, and I don't understand. I deleted a lot of things then restarted my computer but nothing seems to work?
Don't post in threads that are in the resolved section, if you have a problem make a new thread and detail the problem so we can help you out there.