forum

Should I get into HT?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ArdalBeowulf
So I've been playing Hard/Hyper maps on the upper end of 3* for a while, and I'm not improving as quickly as I'd like. I've tried playing several maps that are around 4.0* with HT on and they're interesting and engaging enough that I think doing them on the regular could help me improve and get me a bit more pp (I haven't been able to pass many though).
However, I've heard on some youtube videos on osu that playing with mods on at my level would be counterproductive in the long term. Though I don't really think it's the exact same because they were talking about difficulty increase mods, it might be that if I do start playing HT I'd only be able to play AR7-8. Also, I could just be ruining my chances of doing well on those maps with nomod later on.
What do you guys suggest?
Juuuuuuuuul
I think you're ready for low insanes.
Start around 3.75* to warm up and play stuff up to 4.5*,
use half time only if you don't understand patterns at all, try them a couple times with HT then remove it and try again.
ADelicateOrange
No. Just keep pressing on because AR8.5 and AR9 are among the most used Approach Rates used in the 4-5star ranges.
Topic Starter
ArdalBeowulf
Thanks for the advice! I'll try to move up a notch.
im flat
no
mulraf

ArdalBeowulf wrote:

I've heard on some youtube videos on osu that playing with mods on at my level would be counterproductive in the long term.

Don't listen to them. You can always play with any mods you want to and i think you should in order to really get a feel for them. Just don't focus on them.

Now if you really only think about improvement, i don't think ht will really help you tbh. It could give you a better feel for lower ar which many better players have difficulties with. but other than that i doubt it. But from time to time for fun, a change of pace and maybe keeping up with lower ar while you're getting better sounds good to me.