forum

Nobuo Uematsu - Fisherman's Horizon (Normal+Hard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
It happens when you edit the first post. Blame phpbb! I might be able to fix this one - will try and look into it today.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Okay, I was just afraid that someone changed their minds.
eyup
Sorry, but in its current state the song will never get ranked. It's been mentioned in previous threads, but DO NOT PLACE SLIDER END POINTS AT THE SAME TIME AS SLIDER START POINTS!!! You can either A. Make it one continuous slider, B. make the first slider slightly shorter, or C. press the Off button on your computer.

This also applies to placing notes on the reverse points of reciprocating sliders. It is physically impossible to achieve these combinations!

Other than that, there isn't too much wrong with the beatmap. Not one of my favourite Nobuo songs but it's nice nonetheless :)
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I'll fix it, but can you link me to where it's said that we can't put ends and starts at the same point? I thought it fit the song really well.
peppy
Sorry but I strongly disapprove of the overlapping sliders/notes you have in this beatmap. They cause a fail every time I play, and look horribly ugly, even though it sounds quite nice in the editor >.>.

No, it doesn't say anywhere that you can't overlap sliders. It also doesn't say anywhere that you can't have 2 simulataneous sliders going in the middle of a spinner. I think this is more of a common sense/reasoning thing - imagine you are an ouendan player and come across a track like this. What would you do? I would personally shout "WTF" then move on to the next beatmap :/.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I can pass it, and I fixed the part at the end where the back and forth ones make it so you can't hit the notes. How does it make it so you fail? You just have to click it with the right button instead of using only one.
eyup
OK so I can't reasonably expect you to have read every single other completed beatmap post, so I don't blame you for not having seen a previous diatribe on this but yeah... it's something that will never work in osu!. I mean if you think about where the roots of osu! lies, it's in the DS games. Is it possible to drag your stylus over the endpoint of a slider whilst simultaneously taking it off and reapplying pressure for the next slider? That's how I think about it anyway.
peppy

cecilthemos wrote:

I can pass it, and I fixed the part at the end where the back and forth ones make it so you can't hit the notes. How does it make it so you fail? You just have to click it with the right button instead of using only one.
My mouse only has one button :shock:. But in all seriousness, they are ugly and the sprites have clipping errors. Even if it was viable to ASSUME that every player realises you can dual-wield mouse buttons, I do not approve of this! Sorry!
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Okay, whatever...guess I have to go redo the entire thing, I'll change the title of the thread when it's done.
eyup
Another point is that ranked beatmaps have to cater for all players - including those using Tablet PC. So even if it is possible to pass using a mouse, you are not taking into consideration other input methods that are being used out there. So sorry, but it has to be changed. That's just the way it is... :P
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
But, how can you pass Wizards on insane, the beats are way too fast to tap using a one-button mouse, and I don't know how tablets work, but tapping that fast seems crazy-hard.
peppy
[flash=400,300:f4bad]http://www.youtube.com/v/OOHpTwgjO2s&rel=1[/flash:f4bad]
I think this is a good example of tabletpc tapping speeds.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Okay, I guess that works, anyway, I fixed the beats, check them out please.
awp
With the advent of Ctrl/Z/X trigger commands I saw nothing wrong with what was done. I had a good sized combo going until near the end where I got confused and messed up.

Can people playing on tabletPCs not use alternate fire buttons or something?
[deleted user]
Jesus those sliders are incredibly hard to grasp.

And good god, if you're going to have those sliders don't have your drain rate at max >_>

;_;

I like mai healths
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Why can't Peppy agree with the two a once thing? If that way is accepted, I'll change the drain rate on it.
awp

cecilthemos wrote:

Why can't Peppy agree with the two a once thing?
If it doesn't work for everyone, it doesn't work for anyone.

afaik it works for people with mice and people with tablets, but tabletPCs I'm completely uncertain about.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Aren't there two buttons on a tablet pen? And if you're like Peppy and only have one button on the mouse, you can still use the keyboard to get it all done. I really think this should be added since it CAN'T be done on EBA or Ouendan.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Either way, I want this song to get on the official ranking, so can a few mods check out my "fixed" beatmap, and decide if that's good enough to get on the ranks?
Lumino
I'm sorry, I just can't approve of this in its current state.
Sliders like that is something I might expect from an insane difficulty, possibly even a hard difficulty.

My best suggestion would be, make a more basic design for normal difficulty, no overlapping start and end slider points (not even the slightest bit either).
Keep the hard difficulty and have your overlapping sliders in that. This way you are catering to the abilities of all players.

Let me know what you think. Also it would be good to hear what others think of this idea.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
It seems like no one is downloading the new version of my beatmap!
Everyone is still commenting on the old version, I made it so no beats overlap, redownload it if that's not the one, and if you still have it on normal difficulty, you must have downloaded it on Thursday.
Manabeast
Um, the version I just downloaded still has the overlapping sliders. Well, no, it ends EXACTLY as one starts, but it's the same thing.

Now, I'm not against it if the song calls for it, but this song could be done easily without overlapping beats. I get that you want it to be unique, but I'd save this kinda thing for songs that need it.
awp
I downloaded the [hard].osu and gave it a run through, and hopefully nobody has any complaints about that one, because seems to be a lot more cleaned up than the original version. Spinners catch me off guard, but I was playing with a mouse and ah hoo whatever. I think Hard mode is good to go as is now, but...

they're gone ;___; those neat little alt-fire sliders - maybe you can make an "insane" mode or something that encorporates them. And as always, an easier difficulty is often recommended as well. But I don't think anything else needs to be done with Hard, now.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Didn't you read? Peppy won't accept them into the ranks.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Upsilon_old
Any particular reason that the .osz package doesn't contain the music file?
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Hmm, it doesn't? I'll try reuploading it, tell me if it works afterward.
awp
Make sure you use force .osz reupload !!!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.