forum

Beatmap Listing Improvements

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
If you haven't checked it out already, take a look at the beatmap listing. There are now image previews for each beatmap, which when clicked will preview 10 seconds of audio! These additions will see their way into osu!direct over the next couple of weeks as well for you subscribers out there.

Previews are already generated for all ranked songs. Pending songs are currently processing at low priority and should be done within 24 hours. Newest updates are attended to first, but all will be added eventually.
Pokebis
Oh, wow, this is great. I didn't expect these to load this fast!
LuigiHann
These all sound sped up to me? Is it just me?
Topic Starter
peppy
Oh ffs. I guess I"m going to have to re-render them all. There's a bug with flash that causes this, but I thought I had the correct bitrate to avoid it. ehhhhhhhhh

Update: Changed the export settings and reexporting all samples. Should take about 5 hours.
xerxes_oli
peppy u tha best thx for paying attention to me!
rlopez
I dont usually post (seeing that this is my first post) but had to say that this a really great improvement. I was excited when xerxes_oli suggested it but didnt expect it this fast.

Again, great job.
Gens
I guess it's time to download! :)
Card N'FoRcE
Wow, audio preview is cool and fast to load.
Won't that be a problem for the server? :D
Topic Starter
peppy
?
nomedeusuarionaodisp
Just finished clicking a bit through the beatmap list, and WOW THAT'S AWESOME.
peppy, you're incredible. Thank you, again.
RemmyX25

nomedeusuarionaodisp wrote:

peppy, you're incredible.
Jeffro
You managed to finish that script :D

Really nice work.
Larto
Hrmmm.

I just noticed, when you filter by beatmaps which have a storyboard, you get only the beatmaps which have an .osb (Correct me if I'm wrong).
This is pretty unaccurate, unfortunately, since there are storyboards which don't have an .osb and aren't shown there. (i.e. SAWA - Twister - That Power Is Yet Unknown, which only has a storyboard on Insane, or Kobukuro - Kimi to iu na no tsubasa which has his storyboard events directly in the [Events] section.
Then, there are beatmaps which don't actually have a storyboard BUT are shown when you filter by Storyboard. (Unfortunately, these are my beatmaps x: I added an .osb for them because I didn't know how to add both bgpicture and video in one map)

So, could you maybe change this so only beatmaps are shown which show activities in the "[Events]" section of the .osu/.osb files? Maybe this is more complicated to add,...

peppy wrote:

Butanero-san wrote:

But peppy can code anything, so who knows.
But maybe I just am a big fag and everything I just said was stupid 8D

Still, great work on the Improvements ;D
Topic Starter
peppy
BSS detects storyboarded events in the .osu file. Luigi went through manually and picked out the older maps with such events and I changed this in the database. If you find any old maps with such storyboarding which are not marked, PM me with the map set ids or urls.