forum

[resolved] all maps deleted, any way to restore?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
makijon
in advance i wanna say sorry for the kinda long grumpy post...!

the issue: APPARENTLY, while i got a sdbus bsod (i get these really, painfully often on a newer computer) ALL my osu files got corrupted, as in, the whole osu! directory, and i tried everything to recover it. it won't even let me look at or delete the files. nothing else got corrupted weirdly enough...
so basically: all my beatmaps! gone! deleto! poof! presto! i was working REALLY hard to get better on a lot of harder maps and im really really sad that it got deleted and i gotta rebuild my osu folder from the ground up, can anyone tell me if this is something that can be remedied (ie: mass downloading beatmaps that ive played online and that have an osu page)??? im probably just gonna get packs back but it still bums me out. many thanks to anyone with answers!

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest, probably not relevant seeing how i just had a fresh install :C )
GrilledCheeese
You can use this forum post to download most, if not all, ranked osu beatmaps. They're seperated by year, month and gamemode.
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4176678
Death
There is no way to mass download beatmaps other than by downloading packs or using some community made pack of maps like the thread GrilledCheeese linked.

However, you can see which maps you've played a bunch by scrolling down to the Historical section of your profile and viewing your most played beatmaps. If you are a supporter you can also filter the beatmap search page to only display ranked maps you have played.
Topic Starter
makijon

Death wrote:

There is no way to mass download beatmaps other than by downloading packs or using some community made pack of maps like the thread GrilledCheeese linked.

However, you can see which maps you've played a bunch by scrolling down to the Historical section of your profile and viewing your most played beatmaps. If you are a supporter you can also filter the beatmap search page to only display ranked maps you have played.

thank you for your response and your time friend, i've taken the time to get back a fair amount of my maps and am glad for the advice!! once again sorry and thanks! 0: