forum

[Archived] Random giant rank drop in 30 minutes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
roxasNoXii
My rank just went down further then before after I gained 1100 ranks from an fc and even showed that my rank was 102000 and then I noticed it dropped back to 103000 in fact 100 ranks lower than before I fc and got 133pp. All I did after that was play 2 loved maps which doesn't change my rank.

This was when I got the fc

this was about 20 minutes later after playing 2 loved maps

*update*
well i just gained it all back when i fced another song that only gave me about 300 ranks instead giving me 1400 ranks combined

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
GrilledCheeese
Your rank is mostly determined by other peoples performance points. If 1000 people get more performance points than you, you lose 1000 ranks without doing anything. Keep that in mind next time you lose ranks.
Topic Starter
roxasNoXii
i know i can lose ranks but 1000 in 30 minutes? I've never had that before, i usually see about 100-200 ranks lost from other players the next day i get on. i also checked my friends rank who is about my rank too and he didn't lose a single rank from that either. isn't that just a bit weird though? also you are basically telling me around the time i got on and gained 11000 ranks 1200 people around the low 6 digit rank got on and got about 100pp plays and all canceled out each other in the end
GrilledCheeese
Processing of ranks may be a bit wonky at times. The PP number on your profile should always be correct.