forum

Is it considered cheating...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
benguin
...to switch play styles in the middle of a song? I don't normally use a mouse, but I find when it comes to spinners, it's much easier to do them with a mouse compared to other input types. In fact, I use a mouse if I want to rank in on an easy map with lots of spinners. Anyways, I just wanted to know if it was considered cheating or if it was frowned upon, because I would like to be able to switch to mouse for spinner-dense portions of a map
those
Nope, it's not cheating.
mochi
Yep, it's cheating.
Sync
how would you even manage to do that
Jordan

Sync wrote:

Low

Jordan wrote:

Sync wrote:

1. Pause song
2. Switch method of playing
3. ???
4. Profit!
Ijah_old
I do this all the time, js

And no, this is not cheating.
higurush
Hardware cheating really is undetected.

No rly.. it's not cheating..
kriers

reuben2011 wrote:

I just wanted to knowr if it was frowned upon
You can bet it's frowned upon! /o/

I mean... using a tablet at all? Preposterous!
GladiOol
I sometimes switch from z/x to mouse only play style mid song... just ask eddieee xD He actually wanted to record it because I can do it fluently
kriers

GladiOol wrote:

I sometimes switch from z/x to mouse only play style mid song... just ask eddieee xD He actually wanted to record it because I can do it fluently
Cool! I can do this too /o/ + I can switch from mouse only, to lesjuh style to z/x whenever I want!
those

kriers wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

Cool! I can do this too /o/ + I can switch from mouse only, to lesjuh style to z/x whenever I want!
Sometimes playing with touchscreen is easier, and I (wish I could) do that for certain sections of the map!
Laharl
It's obviously cheating. Shame on you, go to peppy and ban yourself.
jianzii
You will be named a "Switcher" and we'll find you, then tar and feather you (at your own expense of course, the price of tar has really gone up lately)
MMzz
I can click buttoms yes
ampzz
Why on earth would you even bother doing it?

It is a waste of effort swapping from tablet, then to mouse and back again during play time, especially when you migrate from the pathetically easy difficulties and get into Hard/Insane where these pop up and you have stuff all time to fumble around with changing hardware.

Just practice spinning faster on tablet and save yourself an unnecessary amount of effort.
Shiirn
no, it is not.