forum

Using a Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fischtastic
I'm pretty new to the game, recently purchased my first tablet, which is 6x4 - wondering if people usually make the screen area smaller to enable yourself to cross the screen faster. Also how do you hold the pen because it kills my fingers xD
Equbuxu
Yes, you need to install a driver for your tablet to change the area. I personally play with 3 x 1.7-inch area (full hd), which is considered big

In regards to holding the pen, you can just use your usual pen grip or anything you find somewhat comfortable. Or you can put "osu pen grip" into google images. The reason it kills your fingers is probably that you play on full 6x4.
Deva

GSTACK wrote:

3 x 1.7-inch area (full hd), which is considered big

I play with 5.8 in x 3.6 in and have faster and better aim than 99% people around my rank.

It's completely normal for your fingers/wrist to hurt at first because that's (according to others, not me) a ridiculously big area. It will take you some time to get used to but it's worth the effort because in the end you will have a much more precise aim than others. imo at least ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Equbuxu

Deva wrote:

I play with 5.8 in x 3.6 in

Oh wow. Do you have your hand floating above tablet and leaning on the elbow? (I used to play like this when I was around 1k pp but decided to switch to a smaller area since it was way too slow)
Deva

GSTACK wrote:

Deva wrote:

I play with 5.8 in x 3.6 in

Oh wow. Do you have your hand floating above tablet and leaning on the elbow?

Yeah that's exactly how I play since anything else (for example keeping my whole arm in the air) just sounds like torture to me.

GSTACK wrote:

I used to play like this when I was around 1k pp but decided to switch to a smaller area since it was way too slow

Heh I really don't know about this because whenever I decided to test a smaller area I didn't notice an increase in my aim speed but it sure did take considerably less effort (which made the game so boring for me). Oh and also my aim got less precise of course.
cravenfiner
area smaller = less distance to travel on tablet = faster cursor on screen
also i just hold the pen like i would with a regular pen or pencil

on an unrelated note i like your profile picture
Topic Starter
Fischtastic

GSTACK wrote:

Yes, you need to install a driver for your tablet to change the area. I personally play with 3 x 1.7-inch area (full hd), which is considered big
In regards to holding the pen, you can just use your usual pen grip or anything you find somewhat comfortable. Or you can put "osu pen grip" into google images. The reason it kills your fingers is probably that you play on full 6x4.

Well, I tried to install the driver for my tablet but the driver is royally screwed up, which is why I've been using the normal surface area. I've been spending a lot of time getting used to the tablet and already feel like I'm improving. I was just able to FC Monochrome butterfly Hidden with 96 acc (the 3 star map) so I'm doing alright, but you're probably right in that I will need to decrease size when it gets faster
ShirukaBakaudon

Fischtastic wrote:

GSTACK wrote:

Well, I tried to install the driver for my tablet but the driver is royally screwed up, which is why I've been using the normal surface area. I've been spending a lot of time getting used to the tablet and already feel like I'm improving. I was just able to FC Monochrome butterfly Hidden with 96 acc (the 3 star map) so I'm doing alright, but you're probably right in that I will need to decrease size when it gets faster

what's the name of the tablet? have u tried hawku drivers?
Topic Starter
Fischtastic

ShirukaBakaudon wrote:

Fischtastic wrote:

GSTACK wrote:

what's the name of the tablet? have u tried hawku drivers?

Veikk S360 or something