forum

Tips for better taps ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ emili4 ]
The best switch cherry mx type in your opinion ( Blue , Red , or Brown ? ) and do o-ring help your taps ?
dung eater
You forget black. o-ring or anything that reduces bottom out distance is good.
The_Loli_Hunter
Don't forget about the Speed switches too, pretty good for its actuation, although its possible to improve on any keyboard youre using by instead of focusing on improving the keyboard itself, you can just improve your hand and finger control.

You can just tap lighter and try to get used to that, and you may improve on your tapping.

Search for actual facts about the switches themselves too.
and it differs slightly for the brand of switches used.
Implojin
Tactile switches are probably better for acc than linear switches. Getting tactile feedback around the moment of switch actuation is pretty important. Linears don't have that, so if you get excited and start tapping faster your brain doesn't have the physical feedback saying, woah, slow down. You'll see it onscreen when you start getting 100s, but with tactile feedback you'll feel it and adjust automatically.

Some people say that browns aren't tactile enough, and that they just feel like a little bit of sand in the key at high BPM. In my experience this is pretty true, but there are lots of high profile players that have been successful with browns, so you'll want to find a switch that feels right for you. Some people like zealios, but there are lots of options here.

Ideally for this purpose you'd want the tactile feedback to be centered as closely around the actuation point of the switch as possible. Some tactile switches don't have this, and their force diagrams have the bump significantly, weirdly, offset from the moment of actuation. This is probably not ideal. You want to be able to feel exactly when your circles are being clicked. Consult the force diagrams if you're going to try offbrand switches.

Silvers are effectively stamina hacks, but they're linear and, frankly, I think it's easier to get into the flow of maps when you're using a 2mm actuation switch. Silvers actuate at 1.2mm, this takes less time physically, so in order to play with silvers you have to mentally adjust and add a little bit of extra delay between your taps.

I've read that biomechanically it's easier physically to push your fingers down than it is to raise them back up again [citation needed], so for that purpose, heavier springs are probably better (blacks, clears, etc.) to help you on the upstroke, but keep in mind that the heavier you go, the less stamina you're going to have for long streams until you train it enough to adapt.

The "best" switch for osu is probably a tactile switch with heavier springs, but not so heavy as to completely nuke your stamina. Brown, clear, zealio, topre, there are tons of options.

O-rings shave a small amount off the bottom of your keythrow. They're inexpensive, easy to put on your keycaps, and there's little reason not to get them.

(None of this matters at all compared to just playing more, you'll adapt to whatever keyboard you get pretty quickly.)
Topic Starter
[ emili4 ]
Black is too bad cuz im bad at stamina and there no keyboards with speed switch at my country :c . Thank for that detailed tips Implojin :D
Tad Fibonacci
I had a cherry MX Blue for over a year now and it's pretty good. Idk about the other switches since i've never tried them out but if I can save up for another one i'd try out the cherry MX red.