forum

Burst masher! Need help please!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CactusCalin
Hello fellow circle clicker! :) Since few month I'm really stuck on high 4*.

I started to look at my replays and my stats and I noticed two things :

-My accuracy is garbage. I know about this, I'm currently workink on lower star rating and, I think there is no miracle solution. Just play more.

-My finger control is terrible. I noticed something really weird. If there is a odd number of note I will tap 4 note. I don't know why, I can't help it, I spend countless hour on "eggpain map" with halftime doing slow burst and trying to get rid of this habit. But once I'm not a fast map, the bad habit come back.

I was looking at a Rafis play and I discovered that he did exactly what I'm doing. Here is an Imgur album where it show step by step my problem.

https://imgur.com/a/6oBEVxe

So my question is : Am I wasting my time trying to get better at odd note if even top player have the same bad habit?

Thank you a lot for reading all of that and I hope that my english is understable ! :D
Tad Fibonacci
This is my opinion on the matter, hope it works.

First I think you should focus on improving your acc first. Try aiming the cursor right in the middle of the note where the number should be, try getting 96 -99 % acc on low 4 stars to high 3 stars maps then move up from there. Try to listen to the music and tap accordingly, it's a rhythm game after all.
Don't mind too much on how pro players play the game, each person has their own play styles and whatever worked for them may not work for you.
In short, just play more.
ADelicateOrange
I see a lot of TV-Sized, jump heavy maps which are important for ranked climbing. But, remember to play EDM, Tech, and Loved Maps along the way as well. They'll help you with your current deficiencies.
Topic Starter
CactusCalin
Thank you for your answer! :) Yeah I'm working on it, I decrease my star level and I'm not playing for PP but for skill now!

But what do you think about my point about the burst thing?
trindomeer
If by accuracy you mean timing each tap, there actually is a "miracle" solution: get a better skin. I was capped at about 90% accuracy for 3-3.5* maps (what I currently consider my comfort zone), got a skin with a decent hit sound, and suddenly I'm looking at 95% or higher.
ADelicateOrange
When it comes to your odd tapping, I would recommend against it because it can turn into an incredibly bad habit. You can indeed use it for note streams that lead into sliders because as long as you don't unclick for more than a few milliseconds you won't sliderbreak.

But, let's say you play a map like Polygon [Ultra] then over tapping can cause you to break due to misclicks.
Deva
The more control you have the better, that is kind of the rule of thumb. So I advise you break that bad habit.
Topic Starter
CactusCalin
Ok thank you a lot guys! :) I will work on that then!