forum

[resolved] Osu Maps Deleting Themselves?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Speedy Sloth
The issue I have is that my maps on osu have been randomly deleting themselves and I get a notification from time to time when I launch that my folder was changed and my maps may not be quite right. However, I have not made any changes to my beatmap folder in over a month or so, but my maps continue to delete themselves.

They do not simply disappear either since I have to redownload them through direct. For example, I had to redownload airman yesterday since i could not find it in my collections I have set up. I seem to have lost well over 1000 maps and I cannot tell if they all got deleted at one point, or if they have been slowly deleting themselves if that makes sense.

I have also asked in global a few times if anybody else has had the same issues, but nobody has had them either. Please help ASAP. Thanks
Death
Have you actually checked inside your Songs folder to make sure the maps that aren't appearing in-game are still there? If they aren't, you probably have something on your computer that's deleting your files.

If they are, however, try hitting F5 on the song selection screen and letting your maps reprocess. If that doesn't work, close the game and move the "osu!.db" file outside of your osu! folder. Once you restart and head to the song selection screen you should see all of your maps reprocessing again.
Topic Starter
Speedy Sloth
I'll give it another go with the f5 bit. I did it once before and maps were still missing. Will let you know if that solves problem or not. Thanks for speedy reply!

Edit: Looks like doing that gave me back almost 2000 maps, but I'm not sure that was all of em. Will post again if They are still missing. Thanks again
Death
If you figure out maps are still missing, or are still consistently disappearing even after hitting F5 (and they are still in your Songs folder), just try removing that "osu!.db" file I mentioned.

Only thing to keep in mind when doing that is removing that file will mark your maps as unplayed, meaning you won't be able to use that "Recently Played" grouping, and it will remove any beatmap specific settings you have set (e.g. offset, background dim, video/storyboard, etc).
ma1kh
hey! i have problem that all above 6 star maps are not loading or automatically remove. what i should do?
AndreMrks
try to change the beatmap display settings by "up to 10*+"