forum

osu! ladder BETA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lunah

Rules can change during the BETA of the osu! ladder, as it's A NEW TOURNAMENT just made some days ago.

SPOILER
» Registration and Informations

The ladder will be using the ELO system to calculate how many points you will gain by winning or losing a match (depends on the rating). Here are some examples :

Team 1 (500 points) wins against Team 2 (670 points) : Team 1 gains 24 points, Team 2 loses 24 points,
Team 1 (800 points) wins against Team 2 (550 points) : Team 1 gains 6 points, Team 2 loses 6 points,
Draw situation Team 1 (550 points) Team 2 (800 points) : Team 1 gains 10 points, Team 2 loses 10 points

Everything is calculated by a ELO-Calculator program using a K of 32

To join, you have to apply by sending a private message to lesslunatic in this form:

Team Name (The name of the team): (Offensive names will not be accepted)
Players (Who will join the team): Max of 2 players per team as it is 2v2
Ascii codes and punctuation will not be accepted. Only numbers and letters.

You must write in English

Maximum number of teams that can be registered is 50

Players with Score Ranking of 8,000 or lower with not be accepted.

Every team will start with 500 points after joining the ladder.

» How to Challenge?

To challenge opponents, you have to contact them in private and agree on a time for the challenge. I am sorry but I can't manage challenges or their timetables, so you'll have to do it by yourself.

After the opponents accept your challenge, you'll play the match in a private multiplayer room.

ou cannot play against the same team more than twice per week.

» Match Setup and Match Informations

You will play 4 beatmaps, 2 choices per team.
(You and your mate won't be able to pick the same beatmap)

Play Mode : osu! standard
Team Mode : Team vs
Win Condition : Score
Mods Allowed : No Video (No, Spunt Out is not allowed)

First team that fails, will automatically lose the map.

You can only play beatmaps supported by the ladder (see map requirements below). If you play a beatmap that's not supported by the ladder, the map will be not counted into the match result.

» Beatmaps Requirements

We have decided to make every map available for you to play, so long as coincide with the following requirements :

~ Only ranked beatmaps are accepted.
~ The map must be at least 1:00 minute long.
~ MAX BPM of 210
~ Top 40 of the Song Ranking (in osu!standard) must consist only of Full Combo scores (before you complain there can be some A with DT mods or final random misses, that's normal).
~ The difficulty must be : Insane, Extreme, Another, Lunatic or Extra (means upper difficulties) you can also pick an Hard diffuclty if it's the hardest of the mapset . Normal-easy difficulties will not be accepted.
~ The beatmap must be rated 8.0 or better.
~ Only beatmaps from 1 Jan 2010 until now will be accepted, which means that you can't play a beatmap ranked prior to 31 Dec 2009.

Be wise and fair choosing your beatmap. We're giving you the power to choose your favorite beatmaps!

There are so beatmaps that may don't respect criteria above wrote but are allowed to be played :

if you want apply a beatmap to the white list, contact us by forum private message.

» History and screenshots

Players have to send us a private forum message with the link of the Multiplayer History.

You also have to make a screenshot in case your opponents quit during the match before it's over. Forfeiting a match results in an extra penalty for your team and a normal win for your opponents.

You have to send multiplayer history and screenshots by (Forum)PM to lesslunatic or Maddy, posts on the topic will be ignored. (You must write in english)

» Penalities

If a team quits during a match, the team will lose twice as much points. The winning team will gain the same amount of points as they would in a normal match.

If both teams miss the link of the Multiplayer History the results of the challenge will be disqualified and marked as an invalid match.

Be respectful. If you get insulted by your opponents, you can take a screenshot and then report it.

Report : If you have something to complain or reclaim, you can always open a report by sending a PM to lesslunatic or Maddy, Explain the situation, and the staff will decide the penalty if the other team disrespected the rules. You must write in English.

Any form of cheating in a match is punishable by ban from the ladder.

SPOILER
Every month the teamm that places 1st will receive free supporter status for 1 month.
(I am sorry but for now this is the only thing that I can offer you, more prizes will surely be added during the ladder)

Every month's end prizes will be delivered.

For any information or problems about the ladder, you can contact us by private message : Maddy, YodaSnipe

Topic Starter
Lunah

557                       BIGGER BIGGER YEAH
 544                       Frozen Breath
 531                       Almost Asians
 531                       BIG BIG YEAH
 528                       AiRyuu
 516                       BIG BIG XXX
 515                       LoveHoney
 501                       The Saints
 501                       pantsu daisuki
 500                       small small yeah
 500                       CRYPTORAPTOR
 500                       scattazza rosa nero
 484                       Failing like a baws
 484                       Super sexy Shellghost
 484                       Like a box
 484                       Therapists
 484                       FULL AREA
 484                       baybes
 468                       Delicious Flat Chest
 455                       urho DDDdD

» Teams List

» Last Month Winner

Team BIGGER BIGGER YEAH
eldnl
for ctb too??
Topic Starter
Lunah

eldnl wrote:

for ctb too??
I am aiming to osu!standard mode, then if it works, someone can run ladders for other modalities

EDIT : also I have no Idea about maps
Mirage
I can help you.
Verdandi
Well if it helps u could
- say that the HPDR, AR and OD must be lower or equal to a value u determine
- say only Ranked maps are allowed, (these dont seem to be very insane)
- say all of the above

and if the contestant Teams reach x points u could allow them to pick harder maps against opponents that are also above x points
Topic Starter
Lunah

Shadowhachi wrote:

- say that the HPDR, AR and OD must be lower or equal to a value u determine
Yeah, but (Example) if there is an impossible beatmap that uses low AR and OD ? but it's still impossible ?

I thought this : or make a List where people can pick their beatmaps, or allow only maps where top 40 fc'd it
benguin
Some details to consider:

-When it comes to the teams score, will it be based off the sum of both player's scores on the team, or will it be based off the highest score between the two people on the team? Option 1 would be more fair, and option 2 would encourage well-balanced teams (ex: having one player specializing in jumps while the other does streams)

-How is this going to run? Do you plan to force both teams to enter a multiplayer room where every person has one shot at the song? Or are you going to set a deadline, in which players must submit a proper screenshot of their best score?
Topic Starter
Lunah

reuben2011 wrote:

Some details to consider:

-When it comes to the teams score, will it be based off the sum of both player's scores on the team, or will it be based off the highest score between the two people on the team? Option 1 would be more fair, and option 2 would encourage well-balanced teams (ex: having one player specializing in jumps while the other does streams)
The total score of players will count, example if you fail, your score will not count. (as normally team vs)

reuben2011 wrote:

-How is this going to run? Do you plan to force both teams to enter a multiplayer room where every person has one shot at the song? Or are you going to set a deadline, in which players must submit a proper screenshot of their best score?
People will challange themselves then find a date for play, teams have to make screenshots, then after the match they will send me by private message the result of the match and I'll update the ladder ranking
boat

lesslunatic wrote:

Yeah, but (Example) if there is an impossible beatmap that uses low AR and OD ? but it's still impossible ?
Then only allow ranked beatmaps.

Make a long list of good beatmaps to choose from.
thelewa

failboat wrote:

lesslunatic wrote:

LONG DEBATE ABOUT WHAT A GOOD MAP IS
benguin
I say let people choose whatever difficulty they want. Eventually the system will work itself out where the more skilled players will eventually gain the points they rightfully deserve; and at that point they'll be easy to match up together and the more skilled players are capable of playing higher-level charts. Also, there's no need to set a lower-limit either, there's no need for elitism and a ladder system shouldn't exclude/intimidate newer players.
Verdandi

failboat wrote:

lesslunatic wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=108021&m=0&nm=1#scores
is Ranked and top 40 (no mods) hasn't fc'd ^^

well a map pool seems to be the easiest way to solve this problem... but u will need to say which difficulties aren't allowed
in that case it is ensured that every contestant has the maps.
Topic Starter
Lunah

Shadowhachi wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=108021&m=0&nm=1#scores
is Ranked and top 40 (no mods) hasn't fc'd ^^

well a map pool seems to be the easiest way to solve this problem... but u will need to say which difficulties aren't allowed
in that case it is ensured that every contestant has the maps.
Naturally adding some criterias
Mirage
I will help him picking up the maps
Verdandi
or try this
the contestants are free to choose which map they play, but that map only counts if at least one member in each team got - for example - over 85 % acc...
that would make things very easy, but there could be some who will make themselves a low acc because they've got the idea, they might be loosing...

I'm still with the map pool idea
GladiOol
Will the teams be able to challenge each other? Or will everything already be scheduled like in the osu! world cup?
Topic Starter
Lunah

GladiOol wrote:

Will the teams be able to challenge each other?
this
GladiOol
I think lower point teams should be able to decline an invite to a match from a higher points team then, and higher points team must always accept an invite if it's from a team with lower points.
Topic Starter
Lunah

GladiOol wrote:

I think lower point teams should be able to decline an invite to a match from a higher points team then, and higher points team must always accept an invite if it's from a team with lower points.
There will be a system based to teams' rating, If you're gonna play with rank #1 if you lose, you lose few points; also Yes, everyone is able to accept or declined matches
show more