forum

Beatmap Background Changes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Geem
I know this may sound a bit odd, but I personally find some beatmap backgrounds to be rather inappropriate and to some extent NSFW, which doesn't exactly help when my parents walk in to whatever this background is supposed to be. https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/816852/#osu/1712934

Quite frankly, I see these backgrounds as a hindrance to my gameplay experience, and would like some stricter regulations on what we can use as backgrounds, as many young children play osu and many people who live with their parents play this game, and walking in to backgrounds like that are certainly quite troublesome. As well as this, many people who are quite religious may refrain from playing Osu! as a result of this.

I would suggest some stricter rules on what can be used as beatmap backgrounds, or perhaps a "Family friendly mode" which would block these maps for people who don't want these backgrounds.
santtuli__ps
I second this. (just a tip, in case you did not know, use "Don´t change dim level during breaks" and set your dim level to 100, in that way those silly backgrounds won´t disturb you/your relatives during your play ;D)